Delaying treatment until after transplant doesn't adversely impact kidney allograft or survival.
Antiretroviral therapies have prolonged the survival of HIV patients, but the drugs can have adverse effects on the kidneys.
Researchers report a high rate of sustained virologic response after 12 weeks of treatment with a ribavirin-free co-formulation of glecaprevir and pibrentasvir.
Modifying the penile microbiome could potentially reduce HIV acquisition in both men and women.
The number of suspected Ebola cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo has risen to 37.
The HPV vaccine has the potential to reverse the epidemic and prevent thousands of cancers in the US.
Second report highlights ties between Zika and Guillain-Barr syndrome.
Know the signs of extreme response to infection; consider it a medical emergency.
The availability of direct-acting antiviral drugs may enable eradication of hepatitis C virus and improve outcomes.
Patient history, including assessment of travel, necessary to assess risk.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
- PET/CT May Improve Imaging of Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Adding MRI Does Not Boost Prostate Cancer Upgrading Rate
- Both High and Low Uric Acid Levels Tied to Higher Mortality
- Trulicity Labeling Updated to Include Data on T2D Patients With CKD
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)