CKD patients who did not participate in medical nutrition therapy were 3 times more likely to start dialysis than those who did.
Boiling in water and stewing in an oil-water mixture were found to reduce phosphorus levels significantly in various foods.
Low phosphorus increases all-cause and cardiovascular mortality only among the elderly.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- For Treating Uremic Pruritus, Evidence is Strongest for Gabapentin
- IgG-Degrading Enzyme Desensitizes, Permits HLA-Incompatible Transplant
- Evaluating Practice Options in the Shifting Health Care Landscape
- Melanoma Risk Higher in Kidney Transplant Recipients
- Not All High-Risk Prostate Cancers Are the Same
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)