Latest Hypogonadism News
Most men prescribed testosterone have age-related hypogonadism, for which treatment is not FDA-approved
Use of testosterone gel for 3 years did not alter the rate of change in carotid intima-media thickness or coronary artery calcium.
Men with normalized testosterone levels following TRT had significantly lower risks of heart attacks and strokes, study finds.
Hypogonadal men are more likely than those with normal testosterone to have prostate biopsy results showing high-grade PCa.
Quality studies are still needed to answer crucial questions about TRT and prostate cancer, cardiovascular risk.
Finding based on data from more than 30,000 American men, 40 and older.
Researchers saw no improvement for patients with low testosterone and delayed ejaculation.
More than half of men with borderline testosterone have depressive symptoms -- a higher rate than the general population; 25% are taking antidepressants.
Statins generally decrease aggression in men, increase aggression in postmenopausal women.
Findings in older men with high cholesterol and low testosterone.
In a study of hypogonadal men older than 65, the treatment did not increase the prevalence of thrombotic events.
Patients experienced significant improvements in symptoms and quality of life parameters.
Hypogonadism was present in 42.8% of subjects, yet TRT was used by only 3.9%.
Researchers also found that clinicians prescribed testosterone replacement therapy to men of reproductive age despite the risks.
High levels of free and bioavailable testosterone are associated with a significantly decreased risk of ED in younger men.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Phosphate Binder Adherence Challenging for Dialysis Patients
- Transperineal Prostate Biopsy Better for PCa Risk Statification
- Androgen Deprivation for Localized Prostate Cancer Ups Cardiac Risks
- Upping Shock Wave Frequency Improves Ureteral Stone Clearance
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Raises Suicide Risk