Latest Hypogonadism News
Study of older hypogonadal men does not support use of TRT to improve memory, according to researchers.
Older men on TRT versus placebo for 1 year had improved hemoglobin levels and volumetric bone mineral density and estimated bone strength.
In a large study, testosterone replacement therapy was associated with a 33% lower risk of cardiac and stroke events among hypogonadal men.
The normal range for total testosterone is 264 to 916 ng/dL for healthy men ages 19 to 39 with a body mass index below 30 kg/m2.
Risk peaks in the first 6 months of hormone treatment, but overall odds are low.
Once-daily T-sol administered for 6 months did not indicate new safety concerns, and the outcomes of low sex drive and low energy showed further improvement.
New findings have potential implications regarding patient selection for active surveillance.
The new FDA warning alerts prescribers to the abuse potential of testosterone.
Labeling changes will alert prescribers to the abuse potential of testosterone and the serious adverse effects.
Young men reported improvement in executive function after 2 years of TRT.
Results show that mpMRI and PI-RADSv2 score have a greater ability to detect prostate cancer progression after TRT compared with PSA.
Other risk factors include reduced muscle mass and lower levels of physical activity.
Once-daily 2% testosterone solution safe and effective for sex drive and energy.
Low testosterone levels may be a contributing factor.
Gel hormone treatment led to improved libido, increased sexual activity.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Novel Calcimimetic Approved for Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Prolongs Survival
- Misplaced Mobile Devices Lead to HHS Investigations, Millions in Fines
- PCa Salvage Radiation Plus Anti-Androgen Therapy Improves Outcomes
- Targeted Biopsy Improves Detection of Significant PCa in Black Men