Latest Hypogonadism News
Findings emerge from a study of hypogonadal men who underwent radiation therapy, surgery, or active surveillance for prostate cancer.
The finding is from a 30-week study comparing testosterone undecanoate and placebo in hypogonadal men with type 2 diabetes.
Alert patients that use of performance-enhancing drugs can lead to erectile dysfunction and infertility.
In particular, no hepatic toxicities emerged during a 52-week phase 3 trial.
In fact, some data suggest treatment may reduce prostate cancer incidence and aggressiveness.
After 54 weeks of treatment with testosterone undecanoate, anemia prevalence decreased from 29.6% to 10%.
Study also identifies clinical characteristics associated with testosterone deficiency in this population.
73% of men in the testosterone group showed improvement in sexual arousal, interest, and drive.
Larger studies and long-term follow-up needed to determine possible risks of treatment.
Serum total and free testosterone declined in men on hemodialysis who received a 6-month course of the drug for secondary hyperparathyroidism.
Increased odds of low testosterone with opioid exposure; increased odds with increasing age, comorbidities.
The study found no association with obesity, however, unlike previous studies.
A recent review found little evidence to support severe lower urinary tract symptoms as a contraindication to TRT.
A new study by University of Pennsylvania and Stanford researchers highlights a possible link between men who receive androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) and the future onset of Alzheimer's disease.
Increased insulin sensitivity in men with type 2 diabetes and hypogonadotropic hypogonadism.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Novel Hyperkalemia Drugs May Help Optimize Use of RAAS Inhibitors
- Higher Allopurinol Dose Protects Elderly From Renal Failure
- New Obesity Guidelines Recommend Nuanced Treatment
- Even High-Normal Phosphorus May Be an ESRD Risk Factor, Study Finds
- Testosterone Replacement Safe for Men With Prostate Cancer
- Metformin May Have a Protective Effect in Bladder Cancer Patients
- Antihypertensive Drug Use in Dialysis Transition May Need Improvement
- ADT Plus Radiation Improves Survival in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Liraglutide as Add-on to Metformin Improves Glycemic Control
- Hypercalciuria Linked to High Urinary Sodium