Latest Hypogonadism News
Once-daily T-sol administered for 6 months did not indicate new safety concerns, and the outcomes of low sex drive and low energy showed further improvement.
New findings have potential implications regarding patient selection for active surveillance.
Labeling changes will alert prescribers to the abuse potential of testosterone and the serious adverse effects.
Young men reported improvement in executive function after 2 years of TRT.
Results show that mpMRI and PI-RADSv2 score have a greater ability to detect prostate cancer progression after TRT compared with PSA.
Other risk factors include reduced muscle mass and lower levels of physical activity.
Once-daily 2% testosterone solution safe and effective for sex drive and energy.
Low testosterone levels may be a contributing factor.
Gel hormone treatment led to improved libido, increased sexual activity.
Findings emerge from a study of hypogonadal men who underwent radiation therapy, surgery, or active surveillance for prostate cancer.
The finding is from a 30-week study comparing testosterone undecanoate and placebo in hypogonadal men with type 2 diabetes.
Alert patients that use of performance-enhancing drugs can lead to erectile dysfunction and infertility.
In particular, no hepatic toxicities emerged during a 52-week phase 3 trial.
In fact, some data suggest treatment may reduce prostate cancer incidence and aggressiveness.
After 54 weeks of treatment with testosterone undecanoate, anemia prevalence decreased from 29.6% to 10%.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- CB-839 Drug Promising for Clear Cell, Papillary Renal Cell Cancer
- Guideline Confirmed for UTI in Children With Fever
- Survival Benefit Linked With Adjuvant RT+ADT in Lymph Node + PCa
- Reoperation Risk Highest After POP Repair With Vaginal Mesh and Sling
- AKI Is a Risk Factor for Delirium, Coma in Critically Ill