Latest Hyperuricemia News
The multivariable-adjusted relative risk of hip fracture was 1.38 in women with history of gout.
Blacks had significantly higher median baseline serum urate levels compared to whites.
The allopurinol group had a significant 0.10 mg/dL lower final creatinine level than controls.
The DASH diet lowered serum uric acid, and this effect was greater among participants with hyperuricemia.
Odds of acute kidney injury increases by 29% with each 1 mg/dL increment in uric acid level at ICU admission.
Benefit of adding the uricosuric drug to a xanthine oxidase inhibitor persists for up to 2 years, extension study shows.
The guidelines recommend treatment strategies and state that evidence is insufficient to support therapy to lower uric acid to target levels.
Zurampic, a URAT1 inhibitor, can be combinated with a xanthine oxidase inhibitor to treat hyperuricemia tied to gout.
Serum uric acid levels of 10 mg/dL or higher are associated with an increased risk for nephrolithiasis.
Using the drug together with allopurinol helps more patients achieve target uric acid levels of less than 6 mg/dL.
In a study, CKD was 16% less likely to develop in low adherers to a DASH dietary pattern.
The effect of gout on type 2 diabetes risk was more profound in women than men.
Highest vs lowest uric acid levels associated with a 2-fold increased risk of VTE.
A higher allopurinol dose was protective against renal failure in elderly allopurinol recipients.
Odds of non-fatal stroke are 49% higher in patients in the fourth quartile of uric acid level versus those in the second quartile.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Novel Calcimimetic Approved for Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Prolongs Survival
- Misplaced Mobile Devices Lead to HHS Investigations, Millions in Fines
- PCa Salvage Radiation Plus Anti-Androgen Therapy Improves Outcomes
- Targeted Biopsy Improves Detection of Significant PCa in Black Men