Elevated uric acid levels are associated with increased risks for hypertension, gout, and renal impairment.
Latest Hyperuricemia News
Researchers concluded that hyperuricemia is a probable cause of hemospermia.
Analysis found that cigarette smoking was associated with a 24% overall reduction in gout risk.
Women with this form of arthritis are more susceptible to diabetes, researchers say.
Each 5-unit increment in BMI is associated with a 55% increased relative risk of gout.
Allopurinol therapy is not associated with beneficial cardiovascular outcomes in gout patients.
In a study, donors were 60% more likely to be diagnosed with gout than matched healthy controls.
Likelihood of a recurrent gout attack is greater under conditions of high temperature and/or low relative humidity.
Renal function decline is not accelerated, however.
Korean study also revealed an inverse association between serum homocysteine levels and renal function.
An Israeli study shows that serum uric acid levels can be a clinically useful nutritional marker.
Patients with hyperuricemia who use urate-lowering therapies are less likely to experience renal function decline.
A level of 7 mg/dL or higher is associated with a 62% increased risk compared with lower levels.
Elevated levels of uric acid are associated with an increased likelihood of diabetes.
Patients with coronary artery disease are more likely to have ED if they have elevated uric acid levels.
After diabetes is diagnosed, however, uric acid levels fall, study finds.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients Benefit from Exercise Rehab
- What effect does advertising to attract patients have on perception of the medical profession?
- Prior Kidney Donor Favorable Waitlist Policy is Working
- Brown Fat Could Help Manage Diabetes
- New 5-Star Dialysis Facility Rating System To Debut