Latest Hyperuricemia News
Odds of acute kidney injury increases by 29% with each 1 mg/dL increment in uric acid level at ICU admission.
Benefit of adding the uricosuric drug to a xanthine oxidase inhibitor persists for up to 2 years, extension study shows.
The guidelines recommend treatment strategies and state that evidence is insufficient to support therapy to lower uric acid to target levels.
Zurampic, a URAT1 inhibitor, can be combinated with a xanthine oxidase inhibitor to treat hyperuricemia tied to gout.
Serum uric acid levels of 10 mg/dL or higher are associated with an increased risk for nephrolithiasis.
Using the drug together with allopurinol helps more patients achieve target uric acid levels of less than 6 mg/dL.
In a study, CKD was 16% less likely to develop in low adherers to a DASH dietary pattern.
The effect of gout on type 2 diabetes risk was more profound in women than men.
Highest vs lowest uric acid levels associated with a 2-fold increased risk of VTE.
A higher allopurinol dose was protective against renal failure in elderly allopurinol recipients.
Odds of non-fatal stroke are 49% higher in patients in the fourth quartile of uric acid level versus those in the second quartile.
Patients with inadequately controlled gout experience lower quality of life and report worse functioning.
Unlike in adults, there is no association between uric acid, cardiorenal parameters.
Patients treated with the uric acid-lowering drug were less likely to experience a greater than 10% decline in eGFR than placebo recipients.
The highest vs. lowest quartile of serum uric acid is associated with a 3.4-fold increased risk of end-stage renal disease.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- CB-839 Drug Promising for Clear Cell, Papillary Renal Cell Cancer
- Guideline Confirmed for UTI in Children With Fever
- Survival Benefit Linked With Adjuvant RT+ADT in Lymph Node + PCa
- Reoperation Risk Highest After POP Repair With Vaginal Mesh and Sling
- AKI Is a Risk Factor for Delirium, Coma in Critically Ill