Latest Hyperuricemia News
In a study, CKD was 16% less likely to develop in low adherers to a DASH dietary pattern.
The effect of gout on type 2 diabetes risk was more profound in women than men.
Highest vs lowest uric acid levels associated with a 2-fold increased risk of VTE.
A higher allopurinol dose was protective against renal failure in elderly allopurinol recipients.
Odds of non-fatal stroke are 49% higher in patients in the fourth quartile of uric acid level versus those in the second quartile.
Patients with inadequately controlled gout experience lower quality of life and report worse functioning.
Unlike in adults, there is no association between uric acid, cardiorenal parameters.
Patients treated with the uric acid-lowering drug were less likely to experience a greater than 10% decline in eGFR than placebo recipients.
The highest vs. lowest quartile of serum uric acid is associated with a 3.4-fold increased risk of end-stage renal disease.
Gout is associated with an elevated risk of comorbid conditions, especially hypertension and alcohol abuse.
Highest vs. lowest quartile associated with a 17% increased risk.
Association strongest with cardiovascular mortality in the elderly.
Gout is associated with an elevated likelihood of both organic and psychogenic ED.
Proteinuria, hyperphosphatemia, anemia linked more rapid annual decline in eGFR.
Gout increased the risk of erectile dysfunction in men by 21%.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Stone Management Using Ultrasonography Alone Falls Short
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism Risk Higher With Furosemide Use
- Metformin Linked to Increased Risk of Acute Dialysis in T2DM
- Post-Transplant Decrease in Kidney Graft Size Predicts Worse Outcomes
- ESRD Patients Visit Emergency Departments More Frequently
- Treatment-Related Hospitalizations Similar for PCa Surgery, Radiation
- Even Mild CKD Raises Gastrointestinal Bleeding Risk
- Slimmer People Have Lower Risks of Kidney, Other Cancers
- CDC Reports Zika Transmission by Symptomless Sex Partner
- High-Risk PCa Found in Black Men Initially on Active Surveillance