Beta-blocker pharmacokinetics comparison chart for hypertension.
Incorporation of new pediatric definitions increased prevalence of hypertension in high-risk youth.
And relative risk for hypertension up with any drinking among men without hypertension.
More than three-quarters of men with nocturnal polyuria had non-dipping blood pressure compared with less than half of men with other causes of nocturia.
Higher risk of second hemorrhagic stroke in blacks, Hispanics, not fully explained by hypertension severity.
Improved calculations suggest major changes to statin, aspirin, and blood pressure medication prescribingJune 06, 2018
1. Updated risk calculations suggest that fewer people should be classified within the high-risk category for CVD. 2. Many Americans, especially those of African American descent, may require reduction and alteration to their statin, aspirin, and/or blood pressure medication. Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good) Study Rundown: Cardiovascular disease (CVD) affects many people worldwide. Treatment for 
Findings among patients with low platelet count, high homocysteine levels
1. In this randomized controlled trial, there was no significant difference in systolic blood pressure across participants that used the Medisafe app for blood pressure medication adherence as compared to controls. Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good) Study Rundown: Successful blood pressure management is contingent upon dietary discretion, exercise and, importantly, medication adherence. Medication adherence is 
Findings based on use of commonly available antihypertensive meds in older African-Americans
Trend is consistent whether the threshold blood pressure level is reached earlier or later in life
New study demonstrates that masked hypertension is associated with greater mortality risks than sustained or white coat hypertension.
1. Non-Hispanic black male barber patrons prescribed antihypertensive therapy with barber encouragement along with lifestyle modification experienced greater reductions in blood pressures compared to those who received lifestyle modification advice alone. 2. A greater percentage of participants in the intervention group achieved a 130/80 mm Hg blood pressure goal compared to participants in the control 
After a median 20 years of follow-up, heart failure not associated with cancer incidence
Increased risk of CVD for achieved systolic blood pressure of 120 versus 130 or 140 mm Hg
Preferences indicate people would rather take daily pill or tea to prolong life rather than exercise
HTN, increased LDL and total cholesterol levels; lower rates of decreased HDL levels, abdominal fat
Catheter ablation significantly lowers death rate from any cause, hospitalization for worsening CHF
High frequency of open-flame/high-temp cooking, preference for higher meat doneness tied to HTN
Mortality risk increased with higher serum digoxin levels; results similar regardless of heart failure
Greater chance of achieving blood pressure target level with combo pill strategy versus usual care
Sodium-BP link persisted after controlling for 13 macronutrients, 12 vitamins, 7 minerals
Using biomarkers to titrate CHF meds may better improve mortality vs. generic titration of all patients
Higher risk of ischemic stroke seen before, after atrial fibrillation diagnosis compared with whites
Gingko biloba plant extract combined with aspirin may help resolve some issues in cognition for acute ischemic stroke patients.
Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitors and ACEI Combination Therapy Hypertension Dosing Chart.
Oral calcium channel blockers (CCBs) for the treatment of hypertension including benzothiazepines, dihydropyridines, and diphenylalkylamines.
Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARB) used for the treatment of hypertension and their respective strengths, formulations, and doses.
Men who smoked just one cigarette/day had 46% of excess relative risk of smoking 20/day.
The 2017 guideline uses a different classification system for BP than previous guidelines.
Dose-response effect observed in overweight African-Americans with vitamin D deficiency
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Testosterone Prescribing Declining in the US
- Robotic Partial Nephrectomy Mostly Superior to Other Surgeries
- FDA Requires Safety Label Changes for Fluoroquinolones
- AV Access at Hemodialysis Initiation Less Likely Among Women
- Development of Clinically Evident Gout: A Closer Look at Elevated Serum Urate Levels
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)