Living kidney donors are more likely to be diagnosed with high blood pressure or preemclampsia once pregnant compared to non-donor.
Tight blood pressure control slows the rate of increase in total kidney volume and reduces left ventricular index.
Systolic blood pressure measurements differ from office mercury sphygmomanometer by more than 5 mm Hg in 30% of readings.
A compound that is usually found in explosives may be able to prevent hereditary hypertension in women.
Hypertensive patients see better control of their condition through team-based collaboration with pharmacists.
Researchers didn't find the same cardiovascular effect of binge drinking in young women or teens of either sex.
Researchers suspect inflammation is the common denominator for uncontrolled hypertension.
Novel compound derived from plant leaves could help in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension.
This approach resulted in improved hypertension control in patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease, new study found.
Research suggests heart-healthy exercise may keep blood vessels more flexible.
But admission rates and in-hospital mortality for hypertension have decreased.
Second study shows denervation procedures may miss targets, may not meet threshold for effect.
Visceral fat is even more important than overall adiposity in determining risk.
Stenting may benefit patients with renal artery stenosis who have historically been excluded from modern clinical trials.
An SBP target of about 120-140 rather than below 140 mm Hg may be more beneficial.
Analysis of self-monitoring, self-titration of meds in patients at high risk of cardiovascular disease.
Proteinuria, hypertension, and obesity in adolescence independently predict development of end-stage renal disease.
The association is most pronounced in hypertensives, consumers of high-sodium diets, and older individuals.
Composite of mortality, end-stage renal disease increased at higher and lower blood pressures.
Effect appears to be greater when baseline blood pressure is elevated.
Technology-based program may improve quality of care in the primary care setting.
Women who had hypertension for at least 6 years had a 27% increased risk of the skin disease.
Finding based on a mendelian randomization using an allele score as proxy for 25(OH)D.
Among patients with hypertension, elevated systolic blood pressure is associated with the highest risk for CV.
Annual surveys in U.K. show drop in mean BP levels in men and women between 1994 and 2011.
Correlation of late-life blood pressure to brain measures dependent on midlife hypertension history.
The finding emerged from a French study of 213 patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma.
The likelihood of new-onset diabetes decreased by 57% among hypertensive patients who took at least 1 BP medication at bedtime.
Spaced-education game among physicians can improve time to patients' BP target.
Increased risks of superimposed preeclampsia, preterm delivery, low birth weight.
- Statin Plus Metformin May Reduce Prostate Cancer Relapse Risk
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Linked to Early Vascular Disease
- Testosterone Therapy Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk
- Have malpractice award caps made any difference in medical practice?
- 'Jekyll & Hyde' Molecule Could Lead to Aggressive Prostate Cancer (PCa)
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients Benefit from Exercise Rehab
- What effect does advertising to attract patients have on perception of the medical profession?
- Prior Kidney Donor Favorable Waitlist Policy is Working
- Brown Fat Could Help Manage Diabetes
- New 5-Star Dialysis Facility Rating System To Debut
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)