Latest Hypertension Features
CORAL study chair Lance Dworkin, MD, discusses the controversial finding with Renal & Urology News.
Latest Hypertension News
Living kidney donors are more likely to be diagnosed with high blood pressure or preemclampsia once pregnant compared to non-donor.
Tight blood pressure control slows the rate of increase in total kidney volume and reduces left ventricular index.
Systolic blood pressure measurements differ from office mercury sphygmomanometer by more than 5 mm Hg in 30% of readings.
A compound that is usually found in explosives may be able to prevent hereditary hypertension in women.
Hypertensive patients see better control of their condition through team-based collaboration with pharmacists.
Researchers didn't find the same cardiovascular effect of binge drinking in young women or teens of either sex.
Researchers suspect inflammation is the common denominator for uncontrolled hypertension.
Novel compound derived from plant leaves could help in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension.
This approach resulted in improved hypertension control in patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease, new study found.
Research suggests heart-healthy exercise may keep blood vessels more flexible.
But admission rates and in-hospital mortality for hypertension have decreased.
Second study shows denervation procedures may miss targets, may not meet threshold for effect.
Visceral fat is even more important than overall adiposity in determining risk.
Stenting may benefit patients with renal artery stenosis who have historically been excluded from modern clinical trials.
An SBP target of about 120-140 rather than below 140 mm Hg may be more beneficial.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria