Latest Hypertension News
BB dose has greater impact than lower heart rate in patients with heart failure from HF-ACTION trial.
The drug was more effective at lowering blood pressure than placebo, doxazosin, and bisoprolol.
The researchers found that factors associated with a higher risk of recurrent infections included type 2 diabetes mellitus, hypertension, and black ethnicity.
Ingestion of hypertension medications at bedtime linked to reduced risk of new-onset diabetes.
But does not help with metabolic syndrome levels, dyslipidemia, hyperglycemia
In type 2 diabetes, improving glycemic control may decrease dementia risk.
Higher numbers of insured leading to more treatment of hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes.
Findings for diffusion tensor imaging and cognitive assessment.
Level of achievement on gamification system linked to reduction in systolic, diastolic blood pressure
Meta-analysis of supervised exercise programs with lower levels of intensity.
Risk increases with the number of antihypertensive drugs taken.
Common hypertension drugs have been linked to significantly worse cardiovascular outcomes in African Americans vs. whites.
Rates of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke cut significantly by more aggressive treatment.
New study also shows that uncontrolled vs. controlled resistant hypertension increases ESRD and cerebrovascular accident risk.
Noticeable drop in blood pressure observed in 70% of patients studied.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Nivolumab, Cabozantinib Improve Outcomes in Advanced Kidney Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Surgery, Radiotherapy Offer Similar Overall Survival
- Medical Nutrition Therapy Slows Time to Dialysis
- New Model More Accurately Predicts mRCC Patient Survival
- Mutation Predicts Worse Prostate Cancer Chemotherapy Outcomes