Latest Hemodialysis News
Other risk factors include reduced muscle mass and lower levels of physical activity.
A model incorporating 4 factors had greater power to predict dialysis initiation than renal function alone.
A plant-based diet might one day prove to be an option for kidney disease patients.
Significant mean reduction in oxycodone, noroxycodone arterial concentrations.
Death risk similar for patients on twice-weekly and thrice-week hemodialysis.
Metformin-associated 1-year risk of acute dialysis increased by 50.3 per 100,000 individuals.
Mortality risk is similar whether starting treatment with 1 or 2 sessions per week or with the conventional 3 sessions per week.
Patients who took CVD medications less than 60% of the time before starting dialysis had a 21% increased risk of early death after dialysis initiation.
Average weekly doses greater than 70 µg/week was associated with a 77% increased risk of cancer compared with no ESA exposure.
Assisted peritoneal dialysis and in-center hemodialysis are associated with similar hospitalization rates.
Study also links smoking with a decreased likelihood of receiving a kidney transplant.
Hypomagnesemia in the presence of inflammation is associated with increased 1-year death risk.
Only 40% of older patients transitioning to maintenance dialysis were on renin-angiotensin system blockade.
Small trial suggests device might be feasible, potentially freeing patients from dialysis machines,
Researchers found that eGFR decline decelerated significantly in patients with AVF/AVG, from -5.6 to -4.1 mL/min/1.73m2 per year.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Hypogonadism in Male HD Patients Linked to Poor ESA Response
- Risk Factors for Post-TPTx Severe Hypocalcemia Identified
- Elevated CRP Linked With CKD Risk in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Losartan Reduces Aldosterone in Hypertension Without Sleep Apnea
- 10-Year Mortality for Localized PCa Does Not Differ by Treatment Choice