Recently, increasing attention focused on mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) in treating chronic kidney disease (CKD).
Latest Hemodialysis News
Use of these agents is associated with a much lower incidence of hypercalcemia compared with the use of calcium carbonate or calcium acetate.
In adjusted analyses, serum phosphorus levels independently predicted glucose disposal rate.
New finding on vitamin B6 is the opposite of what investigators hypothesized on patients with anemia.
IV iron in anemia hemodialysis patients hospitalized for bacterial infections found not to worsen outcomes.
Researchers observe significant decline in serum phosphate levels with 6 hours vs. 4 hours of treatment.
Hemodialysis (HD) patients in highest quartile of serum ferritin had an increased risk of all-cause, cardiovascular, and infection-related mortality.
New study excluded hemodialysis patients who used central venous catheters for vascular access.
Dialysis patients who take heart medications such as beta blockers are at an increased risk of premature death.
Severe periodontal disease (PDD) is present in almost one-quarter of hemodialysis (HD) patients.
Study shows that 59% of men with end-stage renal disease were on hemodialysis versus 41% of women.
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients on hemodialysis experience greater quality of life and lower mortality with regular exercise.
High levels of indoxyl sulfate are associated with a more than 5-fold increased risk of a first heart failure event.
The risk of dying after suffering a hemorrhagic or ischemic stroke is greatest in the first week.
Study reveals a rate of 0.038 such events per 1,000 home dialysis treatments.
Experts say that issues of cost to providers have prevented broader application of home dialysis.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria
- Once Pregnant, Living Kidney Donors More Likely to Have Hypertension
- Have malpractice award caps made any difference in medical practice?
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Linked to Early Vascular Disease
- Cost of Diabetes Care Continues to Rise
- 'Jekyll & Hyde' Molecule Could Lead to Aggressive Prostate Cancer (PCa)