Genitourinary Cancers Symposium Annual Meeting Coverage
Diabetes also found to increase cancer-specific mortality in patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma.
Patients diagnosed with the cancer in 2011 were 2.5 times more likely to be managed expectantly than those diagnosed in 2004.
ACE inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers were shown to prolong median overall survival by nine months.
The risk of PCa death or distant metastases is 61% lower in men with blood group AB compared with those who have blood group O.
The rate of non-osseous metastasis increased significantly by 2.8% per year from 2000 to 2011.
The 10-year overall survival rate was 94% for partial nephrectomy compared with 89.7% for radical nephrectomy in patients aged 20-44.
Relative survival rates for patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma have not improved significantly in the era of targeted agents.
Small case series shows benefit in patients with recurrent cancer in the prostate bed after radical prostatectomy.
Final overall survival data from a phase 3 trial reveal no significant difference between tivozanib and sorafenib.
Bladder cancer patients readmitted to the hospital within 30 days of surgery were 30% less likely to receive post-operative chemotherapy.
An maximal tumor diameter greater than 14 mm was associated with an eightfold increased risk of prostate cancer-specific mortality.
Risk of death is decreased by 37% in men receiving first-line docetaxel treatment.
Researchers speculate that patients opt for active treatment because of the influence of the diagnosing urologist.
Adjuvant radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy decreased the likelihood biochemical failure.
Compared with men younger than 50 years, men aged 75 and older had a nearly 9.4-fold increased risk of having high-risk disease, respectively.
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients Benefit from Exercise Rehab
- What effect does advertising to attract patients have on perception of the medical profession?
- Prior Kidney Donor Favorable Waitlist Policy is Working
- Brown Fat Could Help Manage Diabetes
- New 5-Star Dialysis Facility Rating System To Debut
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)