Genitourinary Cancers Symposium Annual Meeting Coverage
Adjuvant chemotherapy is associated with better survival among patients with advanced nonmetastatic bladder cancer.
Low-dose-rate brachytherapy boost (LDR-PB) achieves better rates of biochemically disease-free outcomes in prostate cancer.
Adding short-term androgen deprivation therapy to radiotherapy does not improve overall survival in intermediate-risk prostate cancer.
Adding bicalutamide improves overall survival among patients with advanced nonmetastatic hormone-naïve prostate cancer.
Cancer-specific and overall survival is decreased in men with intermediate-risk versus low-risk tumors.
Overweight or obese patients treated with targeted therapy for metastatic clear-cell renal cell carcinoma found to live longer.
In a study of 4,736 patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma, use of the drugs was associated with a nearly 22% decreased risk of death.
Sorafenib or sunitinib given after surgery for advanced renal cell carcinoma does not improve progression-free survival, study shows.
Researchers observed a significant 36% decreased overall and prostate cancer-specific mortality.
It has implications for treatment decisions and prognosis.
In a phase 2 trial, 72% of patients with high-grade clinical nonmuscle-invasive bladder cancer had a complete response at 3 months.
The 4Kscore enables better identification of men who harbor high-grade prostate cancer.
The 5-year risk of overall mortality is decreased by 50% compared with androgen deprivation therapy alone.
This medication sequence was associated with longer progression-free and overall survival compared with the reverse.
Researchers found elevated familial risks for testicular, prostate, bladder, and kidney cancers.
- Dietary Interventions Improve Hyperphosphatemia Treatment
- Genomic Prostate Score Predicts PCa Recurrence, Adverse Pathology
- New Dyslipidemia Guidelines Eliminate Treatment Targets
- Weekend Hospitalizations Worsen Outcomes for Metastatic PCa Patients
- High-Risk Patients Screened for Bladder Cancer Rarely Die from It
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)