Genitourinary Cancers Symposium Annual Meeting Coverage
Adjuvant chemotherapy is associated with better survival among patients with advanced nonmetastatic bladder cancer.
Low-dose-rate brachytherapy boost (LDR-PB) achieves better rates of biochemically disease-free outcomes in prostate cancer.
Adding short-term androgen deprivation therapy to radiotherapy does not improve overall survival in intermediate-risk prostate cancer.
Adding bicalutamide improves overall survival among patients with advanced nonmetastatic hormone-naïve prostate cancer.
Cancer-specific and overall survival is decreased in men with intermediate-risk versus low-risk tumors.
Overweight or obese patients treated with targeted therapy for metastatic clear-cell renal cell carcinoma found to live longer.
In a study of 4,736 patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma, use of the drugs was associated with a nearly 22% decreased risk of death.
Sorafenib or sunitinib given after surgery for advanced renal cell carcinoma does not improve progression-free survival, study shows.
Researchers observed a significant 36% decreased overall and prostate cancer-specific mortality.
It has implications for treatment decisions and prognosis.
In a phase 2 trial, 72% of patients with high-grade clinical nonmuscle-invasive bladder cancer had a complete response at 3 months.
The 4Kscore enables better identification of men who harbor high-grade prostate cancer.
The 5-year risk of overall mortality is decreased by 50% compared with androgen deprivation therapy alone.
This medication sequence was associated with longer progression-free and overall survival compared with the reverse.
Researchers found elevated familial risks for testicular, prostate, bladder, and kidney cancers.
- Gleason Score Predicts BCR in High-Risk Prostate Cancer Patients
- Statin Use Fails To Prevent Progression to Lethal Prostate Cancer
- Biomarkers Help Distinguish Prostate Cancer from Prostatitis
- Do Surgeons' Complication Rates Reflect Their Competence?
- Low Magnesium Linked to Worse Survival in Hemodialysis Patients
- Blood Pressure Variability Linked to Heart Disease, Early Death
- Lower Extremity Amputation in Diabetes Linked with Greater Death Risk
- FDA Approves Praluent for Certain Cases of High Cholesterol
- Many Cancer Patients Unaware of Ways to Preserve Fertility
- Erectile Function Worsens In Most Men After Prostate Biopsy
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)