Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) Features
Distinguishing primary from secondary focal segmental glomerulosclerosis is crucial because the treatment approaches and therapeutic goals differ.
Latest Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) News
Researchers may have found a predictor for focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) in kidney transplant recipients.
In a small study, abatacept induced partial or complete remission of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis.
Black race is associated with worse renal transplant outcomes among patients with lupus nephritis and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS), according to two studies presented at Kidney Week, the annual meeting of the American Society of Nephrology.
PHILADELPHIA—Among kidney transplant recipients with focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS), African-Americans (AA) have a greater prevalence of risk factors for allograft failure compared with other races, according to findings presented at Kidney Week 2011.
Development renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in patients on long-term dialysis is associated with older age, male gender, acquired renal cysts, and end-stage renal disease.
Serious renal damage is a possible consequence of long-term abuse of anabolic steroids, data show .
Reseachers have identified, for the first time, gene variations that explain the increased burden of kidney diseases among African Americans.
Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) is not a single disease but a histologic pattern of renal damage that initially affects the glomerulus and its tubulointerstitium.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Complications More Likely After Radiotherapy vs. Surgery for PCa
- Metformin Use in Advanced CKD Raises Death Risk
- Heparin-Lidocaine Combo Relieves Interstitial Cystitis Symptoms
- Cholecalciferol May Be Superior for Treating Vitamin D Deficiency
- Laparoscopically Harvesting Right Kidneys from Living Donors Safe