FLONASE SENSIMIST OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluticasone furoate 27.5mcg; per nasal spray; scent- and alcohol-free.
Indications for FLONASE SENSIMIST:
Relieves symptoms of hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies. Ocular symptom relief (in patients ≥12yrs).
Initially 2 sprays in each nostril once daily for Week 1, then 1 or 2 sprays in each nostril once daily as needed for Week 2 through 6 months. Reevaluate after 6 months.
<2yrs: not recommended. Use for the shortest duration necessary to achieve response. ≥2–11yrs: 1 spray in each nostril once daily. Reevaluate after 2 months.
Not for treating asthma. Injury or surgery to nose that is not fully healed: not recommended. Discontinue if exposed to chicken pox, measles, or tuberculosis. Glaucoma. Cataracts. Discontinue if whistling sound from nose, visual disturbances, severe or frequent nosebleeds occur. Discontinue if no improvement within 7 days after starting or if new symptoms (eg, facial pain, nasal discharge) develop. Avoid eyes or mouth. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant ritonavir, ketoconazole, other steroids.
Stinging, sneezing, headaches, dry/irritated nose or throat, nosebleeds, whistling sound, blurred or reduced vision, reduced growth rate in children, allergic reaction (discontinue if occurs).
Spray—9.9mL (60 sprays); 15.8mL (120 sprays)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Tamsulosin Improves Clearance of Large Distal Ureteral Stones
- Calciphylaxis in CKD Patients Linked to Hypercoagulable Conditions
- Post-Parathyroidectomy Calcium Requirement Linked to Preop ALP
- Sucroferric Oxyhydroxide Efficacy Similar to That of Sevelamer
- Ceruloplasmin a Possible Marker of CKD in Sickle Cell Anemia
- Cytoreductive Nephrectomy Benefits for Metastatic RCC Demonstrated
- Phosphorus Content Higher in Packaged Meats Listing Phosphate Additives
- High Intakes of Teas, Peas, Soybeans May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk
- More Intense Treatment, Worse Quality of Life in Diabetes
- Hemodialysis CRBSI Outcomes Unaffected by Distance to Nephrologists
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)