Generic Name and Formulations:
Iron 65mg (as sulfate 200mg); tabs.
Indications for FEOSOL:
Iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia.
1 tab or 1 caplet or 5mL daily.
Individualize. May mix with water or fruit juice.
Monitor hemoglobin, hematocrit, reticulocyte count periodically. Elderly.
Inhibits tetracycline absorption.
Nausea, abdominal discomfort and pain, constipation, diarrhea, masks occult bleeding, black stools, tooth discoloration (elixir).
Tabs, caplets—30, 60; Elixir—16oz
Renal and Urology News Articles
- New Cholesterol Guidelines Consider CKD 'Risk-Enhancing'
- Gadolinium-Based Contrast May Up Acute Kidney Injury Risk in CKD
- Salvage Prostatectomy May Benefit Some Prostate Cancer Patients
- Extraprostatic Extension Indicates Aggressive Prostate Cancer
- Surgery, Radiation Regimens for High-Grade PCa Offer Similar Outcomes
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)