Agency aims to improve treatment of pelvic organ prolapse.
National blood surveillance system will help agency ensure safety of the blood supply.
Drug found to limit worsening of the disease and reduce the need for hospitalization.
Nivolumab is cleared for treating patients with metastatic RCC whose disease advanced despite prior treatment with anti-angiogenic therapy.
Patiromer for oral suspension lowers potassium levels in hyperkalemic patients with chronic kidney disease.
Tresiba and Ryzodeg approved for use in adults with type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus.
The FDA approved Varubi for prevention of the delayed phase of nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy.
FDA advises diabetes patients taking DPP-inhibitors who experience severe joint pain to contact their doctors.
Approved for patients unable to get LDL cholesterol under control with current treatment options.
Addyi to treat generalized hypoactive sexual desire disorder among premenopausal women.
Most men prescribed testosterone have age-related hypogonadism, for which treatment is not FDA-approved
Analysis found roughly 10% of cases were filed after 15-day deadline passed.
Inflated in stomach, it may create sense of fullness.
Study implicates dairy products, cereals, and grains containing inorganic phosphate additives.
The risk of heart attack or stroke can occur as early as the first weeks of using an NSAID, the FDA says. The risks may increase with longer use and higher doses. Aspirin is not included in alert.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Twice-Weekly Dialysis May Preserve Residual Kidney Function
- Robotic Nephrectomy of Kidney Tumors With Thrombi Feasible
- How to Prevent Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus
- Parathyroidectomy Cuts Mortality Risk in Patients With Severe SHPT
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Ups Risk of Non-Cancer Hospitalizations