The FDA is delaying implementation of last year's rules on cigars and electronic cigarettes currently on the market until 2021 and 2022, respectively.
The agency will now give priority reviews to new generic drugs until there are 3 on the market.
Amputations of the toe and middle of the foot were the most common, but leg amputations below and above the knee also occurred.
Company asks FDA to approve ferric citrate for iron deficiency anemia in patients with non-dialysis dependent chronic kidney disease.
Noctiva is taken 30 minutes before bed and is designed to increase absorption of water through the kidneys.
The drug is indicated for treating patients with locally advanced or metastatic disease that progresses despite platinum-containing chemotherapy.
After analyzing new data, the FDA again warns that the diabetes drug may be associated with an increased risk for bladder cancer.
Updated label for patiromer now recommends the drug be taken at least 3 hours before or after other oral medications.
The new FDA warning alerts prescribers to the abuse potential of testosterone.
Labeling changes will alert prescribers to the abuse potential of testosterone and the serious adverse effects.
Labeling information will include data showing the drug reduces the risk of radiographic progression versus bicalutamide.
While ADFs of opioids may help mitigate the risk of opioid abuse, they have limitations as well.
Once-daily injection to improve glycemic control, along with diet and exercise.
Fluoroquinolones such as Cipro, Levaquin should be reserved for life-threatening infections.
The Absorb GT1 Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffold System (BVS) is absorbed by the body after about 3 years.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- For Treating Uremic Pruritus, Evidence is Strongest for Gabapentin
- IgG-Degrading Enzyme Desensitizes, Permits HLA-Incompatible Transplant
- Evaluating Practice Options in the Shifting Health Care Landscape
- Melanoma Risk Higher in Kidney Transplant Recipients
- Not All High-Risk Prostate Cancers Are the Same
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)