The FDA just approved a new short-acting insulin drug, Admelog, for patients with either T1D or T2D.
Semaglutide helps patients with diabetes reduce blood glucose levels and lower body weight.
Vabomere, which combines meropenem and vaborbactam, demonstrated superior efficacy to piperacillin/tazobactam.
The FDA is delaying implementation of last year's rules on cigars and electronic cigarettes currently on the market until 2021 and 2022, respectively.
The agency will now give priority reviews to new generic drugs until there are 3 on the market.
Amputations of the toe and middle of the foot were the most common, but leg amputations below and above the knee also occurred.
Company asks FDA to approve ferric citrate for iron deficiency anemia in patients with non-dialysis dependent chronic kidney disease.
Noctiva is taken 30 minutes before bed and is designed to increase absorption of water through the kidneys.
The drug is indicated for treating patients with locally advanced or metastatic disease that progresses despite platinum-containing chemotherapy.
After analyzing new data, the FDA again warns that the diabetes drug may be associated with an increased risk for bladder cancer.
Updated label for patiromer now recommends the drug be taken at least 3 hours before or after other oral medications.
The new FDA warning alerts prescribers to the abuse potential of testosterone.
Labeling changes will alert prescribers to the abuse potential of testosterone and the serious adverse effects.
Labeling information will include data showing the drug reduces the risk of radiographic progression versus bicalutamide.
While ADFs of opioids may help mitigate the risk of opioid abuse, they have limitations as well.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- CROWNWeb Reporting Gets Up to Speed With Implementation of Dashboard
- Prostate Cancer Gene Testing Guidelines Issued
- Radical Nephrectomy Linked With Worse Kidney Function, Survival
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Hypoglycemia in Diabetes Pts
- USPSTF Questions Nontraditional CVD Risk Factors for Assessment
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)