Updated label for patiromer now recommends the drug be taken at least 3 hours before or after other oral medications.
Labeling changes will alert prescribers to the abuse potential of testosterone and the serious adverse effects.
Labeling information will include data showing the drug reduces the risk of radiographic progression versus bicalutamide.
While ADFs of opioids may help mitigate the risk of opioid abuse, they have limitations as well.
Once-daily injection to improve glycemic control, along with diet and exercise.
Fluoroquinolones such as Cipro, Levaquin should be reserved for life-threatening infections.
The Absorb GT1 Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffold System (BVS) is absorbed by the body after about 3 years.
Calcifediol formulation is indicated for CKD stage 3 or 4 patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism associated with vitamin D insufficiency.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced it is strengthening the current warning about the risk of acute kidney injury for drug products containing canagliflozin (Invokana, Invokamet) and dapagliflozin (Farxiga, Xigduo XR).
The FDA has developed 2- and 10-year goals to reduce sodium content in both processed and prepared foods.
Added sugars, relevant portion sizes among the highlights of revision.
Atezolizumab received accelerated FDA approval for patients whose disease has progressed despite platinum-based chemotherapy.
Agency is recommending that health care providers not prescribe them for certain patients.
Many believe meds supported by stronger evidence than the law requires to achieve designation.
The diabetes drug was contraindicated due to the risk of lactic acidosis.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- New Prostate Cancer Grading System Predicts Survival After RP
- Complication Risk Due to Obesity Greater With Minimal Invasive RP
- Cancer Survivors With STEMI at Increased Risk for Noncardiac Death
- Frailty Screening Program Reduces Death Risk After Surgery
- CTCs May Aid Prostate Cancer Risk Stratification
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)