Once-weekly subcutaneous injection of Trulicity (dulaglutide), a glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist.
Blocks reabsorption of glucose by kidneys.
The product is self-administered via a nasal applicator.
FDA clears albiglutide as an adjunct to diet and exercise for glycemic control in adult type 2 diabetes patients.
Astellus Pharma and Medivation ask the FDA to approve enzalutamide as a treatment for advanced prostate cancer in chemotherapy-naïve men.
However, device doesn't perform as well in children as in adults, FDA says.
Agency pointed to recent studies citing possible heightened heart risk tied to the treatments.
To be used along with proper diet and exercise.
Not all experts are happy with granting wider access to the troubled medication, however.
UroLift system, a permanent implant, helps relieve blocked urine flow.
Products may distract consumers from seeking legitimate medical treatment.
Radium-223, a first-in-class drug, travels directly to the site of bone metastases, where it emits alpha particles that exert an anti-tumor effect.
Interactive tool designed to educate patients and advocates about processes of drug development.
Canagliflozin blocks reabsorption of glucose in the kidney, increases glucose excretion, and lowers blood glucose levels.
Voluntary recall of anemia drug due to reports of anaphylaxis, including three deaths
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria
- Once Pregnant, Living Kidney Donors More Likely to Have Hypertension
- Have malpractice award caps made any difference in medical practice?
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Linked to Early Vascular Disease
- Cost of Diabetes Care Continues to Rise
- 'Jekyll & Hyde' Molecule Could Lead to Aggressive Prostate Cancer (PCa)