The FDA approved Varubi for prevention of the delayed phase of nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy.
FDA advises diabetes patients taking DPP-inhibitors who experience severe joint pain to contact their doctors.
Approved for patients unable to get LDL cholesterol under control with current treatment options.
Addyi to treat generalized hypoactive sexual desire disorder among premenopausal women.
Most men prescribed testosterone have age-related hypogonadism, for which treatment is not FDA-approved
Analysis found roughly 10% of cases were filed after 15-day deadline passed.
Inflated in stomach, it may create sense of fullness.
Study implicates dairy products, cereals, and grains containing inorganic phosphate additives.
The risk of heart attack or stroke can occur as early as the first weeks of using an NSAID, the FDA says. The risks may increase with longer use and higher doses. Aspirin is not included in alert.
Entresto helps reduce the rate of cardiovascular death and hospitalization, compared to the drug enalapril.
International effort takes aim at more than 1,050 websites
U.S. FDA gives food manufacturers 3 years to remove partially hydrogenated oils from the food supply.
A PCSK9 Inhibitor could be used by patients who don't respond to statins.
Corlanor works by decreasing heart rate; it's the first approved product in this drug class.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has strengthened an existing warning regarding serious and potentially fatal allergic reactions that can occur with Feraheme (ferumoxytol; AMAG Pharmaceuticals).
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Novel Technique May Improve Detection of Aggressive Prostate Cancer
- Abnormal Mineral, Bone Markers in Dialysis Patients Hike Mortality
- Longer Dialysis Session Gap Raises Hospitalization, Death Risk
- Varubi Approved for Chemo-Induced Nausea, Vomiting
- Preop ADT Could Potentially Eradicate High-Risk Prostate Tumors