Calcifediol formulation is indicated for CKD stage 3 or 4 patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism associated with vitamin D insufficiency.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced it is strengthening the current warning about the risk of acute kidney injury for drug products containing canagliflozin (Invokana, Invokamet) and dapagliflozin (Farxiga, Xigduo XR).
The FDA has developed 2- and 10-year goals to reduce sodium content in both processed and prepared foods.
Added sugars, relevant portion sizes among the highlights of revision.
Atezolizumab received accelerated FDA approval for patients whose disease has progressed despite platinum-based chemotherapy.
Agency is recommending that health care providers not prescribe them for certain patients.
Many believe meds supported by stronger evidence than the law requires to achieve designation.
The diabetes drug was contraindicated due to the risk of lactic acidosis.
Drugs containing saxagliptin or alogliptin may be linked to heart failure risk.
New labeling rules require immediate-release opioids to carry warnings for the serious risk for misuse.
Agency aims to improve treatment of pelvic organ prolapse.
National blood surveillance system will help agency ensure safety of the blood supply.
Drug found to limit worsening of the disease and reduce the need for hospitalization.
Nivolumab is cleared for treating patients with metastatic RCC whose disease advanced despite prior treatment with anti-angiogenic therapy.
Patiromer for oral suspension lowers potassium levels in hyperkalemic patients with chronic kidney disease.
- Blacks With Diabetes and CKD Have Higher CVD Risk
- Worse Re-transplant Outcomes for HIV Positive Patients
- Race, Procedure Type Influence Morbidity in Pediatric Surgery Patients
- Parathyroidectomy Rates Stable Despite Changes in Medical Therapy
- Early Recurrence After Laparoscopic Radical Cystectomy Explored
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)