Latest Erectile Dysfunction News
Long-term use of the drug may predispose men to worsening erectile dysfunction and elevated risk of diabetes and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
The risk for developing erectile dysfunction is 15% higher among men with than without gout.
While users had an overall 11% increased risk of melanoma, there wasn't evidence that the drugs cause melanoma.
Oral PDE5 inhibitors improve sperm parameters and can treat erectile dysfunction in men.
Men taking PDE5 lowered their risk of hospitalization and mortality after a heart attack by 33%.
Longer use of finasteride at a dosage of 1.25 mg/day or less among men younger than 42 years is associated with greater risk, study finds.
Chronic periodontitis was associated with 2.2-fold increased odds of ED.
The researchers found that high-sensitivity cardiac troponin I levels were significantly higher in participants with erectile dysfunction than in those without
A recent trial compared the effects of regular grapefruit juice with a low furanocoumarin hybrid grapefruit juice on midazolam.
The prevalence of ED is 30% higher among men who have vitamin D levels below 20 ng/mL versus those with levels of 30 ng/mL or higher.
Prostate cancer was diagnosed in 19.5% of PDE5i users vs 22.7% of nonusers, a statistically insignificant difference.
Low testosterone levels may be a contributing factor.
Researchers say skin cancer in these patients is likely due to more sun exposure.
Alert patients that use of performance-enhancing drugs can lead to erectile dysfunction and infertility.
The chances of erectile function recovery improved when patients received radiation treatment more than 16 months after surgery.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Active Surveillance for Intermediate-risk Prostate Cancer Challenged
- Ferritin Spike Soon After Hemodialysis Initiation Ups Mortality Risk
- Type of Long-term Response to Targeted mRCC Therapy Affects Outcomes
- Training Staff in HIPAA Regulations
- Hypothyroidism Tied to Worse Quality of Life for HD Patients
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)