Latest End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) News
Highest vs lowest quartile of intake is associated with a 40% increased risk.
Only 40% of older patients transitioning to maintenance dialysis were on renin-angiotensin system blockade.
A higher allopurinol dose was protective against renal failure in elderly allopurinol recipients.
Researchers find an increased risk of death among patients.
High vs. low fitness levels in midlife lowered CKD risk in later life by 34%.
The risk is most elevated among individuals aged 44 years or younger.
Updated review and meta-analysis show beneficial effect for CABG for long-term mortality.
Finding suggests that olfactory deficits may contribute to nutritional impairment in patients with chronic and end-stage renal disease.
Nephron-sparing surgery decreased the risk of end-stage renal disease by 60% in select patients.
Findings from a small study suggest that periodontal disease may be a relevant contributing factor.
African Americans with and without a high-risk genotype experience similar kidney function decline.
In-trial reduction in risk of ESRD seen in ADVANCE trial persists after 9.9 years of follow-up.
Researchers suggest conservative care may be suitable option for some patients over 80.
A new large scale study found that depending on baseline systolic blood pressure (SBP) level, the use of antihypertensive medication led to different outcomes in patients with diabetes.
Pre-dialysis CKD patients who took statins did experience a modest reduction in proteinuria and kidney function decline.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Race Affects Switch from Prostate Cancer Observation to Active Therapy
- Study: eGFR Trajectory More Predictive of Death in Type 2 Diabetes
- Flu Vaccine May Reduce Hospitalizations, Deaths in Type 2 Diabetes
- FDA Adds Safety Warnings to Fluoroquinolones
- PCa Active Surveillance Patients Enjoy Good Quality of Life