Latest End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) News
From 2003 to 2011 there was a 26.7% decrease in in-hospital mortality rate after hip fracture.
Gd-IgA1 level may represent a useful biomarker for risk stratification.
HIV-positive individuals with well-controlled disease and no comorbidities have a low risk of ESRD following living kidney donation.
The researchers found that black race and male sex correlated with increased risk of ESRD in donors.
Study demonstrates decreased risk of end-stage renal disease and all-cause mortality.
Reduced glomerular filtration rate ranked similarly to high total cholesterol as a risk factor for disability-adjusted life years.
Action taken to mitigate risks associated with ESA use and changes in payment policy did not result in a relative increase in death or major cardiovascular events.
In-hospital mortality following RFA was higher in older, dialyzed ESRD patients than in non dialyzed patients.
The initiation of RRT has a strong impact on HRQL in comparison with a reference population and with other stages of CKD.
Study documents higher risks even when creatinine increases are less than 30%, the guideline-recommended threshold for stopping treatment.
Carriers have a 2-fold higher risk of end-stage renal disease compared with non-carriers, study finds.
Use of bioimpedance spectroscopy to assess volume depletion could be a factor, researchers say.
Few nephrologists currently prescribe nutritional regimens for their patients approaching the need for renal replacement therapy or who already require it.
Among the etiologies of readmission, cardiac causes including heart failure and coronary artery disease were most common.
In a study, 25.8% and 37.8% of calcium acetate and calcium carbonate users, respectively, exceeded the maximum recommended daily intake.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Active Surveillance for Intermediate-risk Prostate Cancer Challenged
- Ferritin Spike Soon After Hemodialysis Initiation Ups Mortality Risk
- Type of Long-term Response to Targeted mRCC Therapy Affects Outcomes
- Add-on Sevelamer Therapy May Improve Hemodialysis Patient Survival
- Hypothyroidism Tied to Worse Quality of Life for HD Patients