Latest End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) News
Since constipation is common, the study findings may be important for public health.
The researchers found that 4.6% of participants developed ESRD and 20.6% died during 30 years of follow-up.
The risk of end-stage renal disease was 83% higher for those who drank more than 7 glasses of diet soft drinks weekly.
Study finds no increased risk of major adverse cardiovascular events and death.
Every additional absent dorsalis pedis or posterior tibial pulse linked to increased risk of all outcomes.
Increased SBP variability tied to mortality, coronary heart disease, stroke, end-stage renal disease
End-stage renal disease is 32% more likely to develop in patients with C-reactive protein levels of 6.9 mg/L or higher vs 3.0 mg/L or lower.
Screening strategies are needed, as is further research on appropriate therapeutic approach.
In a study, 85.5% of advanced CKD patients opted for renal replacement therapy.
More than half of newly diagnosed ESRD patients visit the emergency department during their first year of treatment.
Major fractures included the proximal humerus, forearm, hip, and clinical vertebral fractures.
Data suggest primary GN is more likely than secondary GN to result in end-stage renal disease.
No improvement in kidney failure-free days versus norepinephrine in adults with septic shock.
Highest vs lowest quartile of intake is associated with a 40% increased risk.
Only 40% of older patients transitioning to maintenance dialysis were on renin-angiotensin system blockade.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- CB-839 Drug Promising for Clear Cell, Papillary Renal Cell Cancer
- Guideline Confirmed for UTI in Children With Fever
- Survival Benefit Linked With Adjuvant RT+ADT in Lymph Node + PCa
- Reoperation Risk Highest After POP Repair With Vaginal Mesh and Sling
- AKI Is a Risk Factor for Delirium, Coma in Critically Ill