Latest Diabetic Nephropathy News
Older patients with more diabetes complications have greater cognitive decline, study finds.
Increased uric acid levels were correlated with decreased HbA1c and increased prevalence of diabetic kidney disease, study finds.
Intense glycemic control was significantly linked to higher risks of cardiovascular and all-cause mortality
Among the increased risks, women with the disease had an 86% higher chance of dying from cardiovascular disease than men.
Researchers in the Netherlands report results from an autopsy study of diabetic nephropathy patients.
Researchers find an independent association in a study of Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes.
Public health efforts needed to ensure adequate access to ophthalmologists.
The drug maintained kidney function in mice with diabetic nephropathy.
A trial of a gluten-free diet presents no inherent risk for patients starting to exhibit microvascular damage.
Among Canadian diabetics, end-stage renal disease is almost three times more likely to development among First Nation adults.
ACE inhibitor plus ARB failed to slow disease progression but increased acute kidney injury risk.
Diabetic nephropathy was the cause of ESRD in 62.8% of patients, study shows.
New treatments that restore and increase mitochondrial function and content could ameliorate or even arrest CKD, according to investigators.
Nearly twofold decrease observed in the proportion of patients with advanced diabetic nephropathy who progress to end-stage renal disease.
Lower creatinine excretion rate linked to higher all-cause mortality in type 2 diabetes, nephropathy
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Transperineal Prostate Biopsy Better for PCa Risk Statification
- Androgen Deprivation for Localized Prostate Cancer Ups Cardiac Risks
- Upping Shock Wave Frequency Improves Ureteral Stone Clearance
- High-Grade Prostate Cancer Linked to Low Testosterone
- Phosphate Binder Adherence Challenging for Dialysis Patients