Latest Diabetic Nephropathy News
Use of the glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist lowered 24-hour urinary albumin excretion rate by 32% over 12 weeks versus placebo.
Findings in large cohort of patients with diabetes over 4 years of follow-up.
AGEs improve RFL prediction in American-Indians with type 2 diabetes.
No change in overall prevalence from 1988 to 2014; decrease in albuminuria, increase in reduced eGFR.
Incident or worsening nephropathy was observed in 12.7% of patients receiving empagliflozin compared with 18.8% of those receiving placebo.
Length of time spent in remission inversely related to risk of microvascular disease.
Renal function decline is independent factor for cardiovascular risk in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Diabetic nephropathy lesions may develop prior to the onset of clinical findings.
Athcar gel may be a treatment option for patients with treatment-resistant nephrotic syndrome.
Increase in prevalence from 2002-2013, with highest prevalence among those aged 12 to less than 18 years.
The medication significantly decreased potassium levels over 52 weeks in patients with resistant hypertension and diabetic kidney disease.
Higher urinary potassium excretion, not sodium excretion, tied to lower risk of primary end point.
AKI, albuminuria, eGFR considered separately or together can predict adverse outcomes in diabetes.
Significant association found in patients with diabetic nephropathy.
Hyperkalemia occurred in just 1.8% of patients taking finerenone 7.5 to 20 mg daily.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- CB-839 Drug Promising for Clear Cell, Papillary Renal Cell Cancer
- Guideline Confirmed for UTI in Children With Fever
- Survival Benefit Linked With Adjuvant RT+ADT in Lymph Node + PCa
- Reoperation Risk Highest After POP Repair With Vaginal Mesh and Sling
- AKI Is a Risk Factor for Delirium, Coma in Critically Ill