Latest Diabetic Nephropathy News
There was a significant association for Trp with the event of rapid decline in eGFR.
Higher levels of sRAGE were significantly associated with incidence of DN after adjustment for duration of diabetes.
Of the children who developed acute kidney injury, 34.9% had stage 1, 45.3% had stage 2, and 19.8% had stage 3.
DPP-4 inhibitors use was used in 54% of treatment visits by the last quarter of 2014; ACEIs and ARBs were prescribed in the majority of treatment visits with peaks above 90%.
Valsartan reduced the incidence of microalbuminuria in IGT without increasing the incidence of hyperkalemia or renal dysfunction compared with placebo.
Poor glycemic control linked to increased prevalence and severity of periodontitis.
Use of the glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist lowered 24-hour urinary albumin excretion rate by 32% over 12 weeks versus placebo.
Findings in large cohort of patients with diabetes over 4 years of follow-up.
AGEs improve RFL prediction in American-Indians with type 2 diabetes.
No change in overall prevalence from 1988 to 2014; decrease in albuminuria, increase in reduced eGFR.
Incident or worsening nephropathy was observed in 12.7% of patients receiving empagliflozin compared with 18.8% of those receiving placebo.
Length of time spent in remission inversely related to risk of microvascular disease.
Renal function decline is independent factor for cardiovascular risk in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Diabetic nephropathy lesions may develop prior to the onset of clinical findings.
Athcar gel may be a treatment option for patients with treatment-resistant nephrotic syndrome.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Active Surveillance for Intermediate-risk Prostate Cancer Challenged
- Ferritin Spike Soon After Hemodialysis Initiation Ups Mortality Risk
- Type of Long-term Response to Targeted mRCC Therapy Affects Outcomes
- Add-on Sevelamer Therapy May Improve Hemodialysis Patient Survival
- Hypothyroidism Tied to Worse Quality of Life for HD Patients