Latest Diabetes News
Changes will describe hypoglycemic coma and clarify and identify mental health side effects.
Increased risk seen for women but not men; slightly attenuated after adjustment for mediating factors.
Eversense CGM, which has fully implantable sensor to detect glucose, approved for adults with diabetes.
Metformin plus androgen deprivation therapy is associated with a lower death risk vs ADT alone in men without diabetes, study of US veterans shows.
Better glycemic control than conventional subcutaneous insulin therapy in patients with T2DM.
In subgroup analyses, reduced incidence of cancer seen in participants aged younger than 65 years.
Target HbA1c 7 to 8 for most patients with T2DM; deintensification of tx with HbA1c 6.5
Independently linked to major cardiovascular events, especially heart failure hospitalizations.
Medication reconciliation linked to lower risk of combined ER visits, hospitalization over 6 months.
In a South Korean study, nearly 60% of elderly patients with type 2 diabetes had chronic kidney disease at baseline.
Increased risk of subsequent diabetes independent of traditional diabetes risk factors.
New study shows metformin is not associated with an increased risk of acidosis in patients with type 2 diabetes and an eGFR of 30 to 60 mL/min/1.73 m2.
Within 6 months of elevated HbA1c, rate of initiation 63%, rate of intensification 82%.
Type 2 diabetes is among the leading causes of end-stage renal disease (ESRD), but the estimated cumulative risk of ESRD at 20 years after diagnosis of type 2 diabetes is less than 1%.
Decrease in length of stay and mortality, but increase in mean hospital charges during study period.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Medication Adherence Low in Gout Patients Initiating Allopurinol
- Trials Supporting FDA Approval of Breakthrough Drugs Examined
- FDA Approves Enzalutamide for Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Bladder Hydrodistention May Ease Nocturia in Interstitial Cystitis