CORAL study chair Lance Dworkin, MD, discusses the controversial finding with Renal & Urology News.
Latest Diabetes News
Brown fat could help to manage type 2 diabetes.
Estimates include prediabetes, gestational diabetes, undiagnosed diabetes care.
Drinking three to four cups of coffee every day could reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Many unaware diabetics had even seen a doctor in the past year, researchers report.
Common risk factors found in the lifestyle choices of young people aged 17 to 24 can lead to the development of diabetes mellitus.
Type 2 diabetes can be reversed to a pre- stage through lifestyle changes.
Researchers in the Netherlands report results from an autopsy study of diabetic nephropathy patients.
In adjusted analyses, serum phosphorus levels independently predicted glucose disposal rate.
Beneficial effect of drug that inhibits galectin-3 is most pronounced in patients with diabetes-related chronic kidney disease (CKD).
Among surgically-treated renal cell carcinoma patients, diabetics have a 55% and 32% increased risk of cancer-specific and all-cause mortality.
New signaling pathway may be beneficial in treating type 2 diabetes by stimulating glucose uptake through brown fat cells.
Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) may lower hemoglobin levels and improve lipid profile in diabetic men with androgen deficiency.
Scientists who have previously cured diabetes in mice using a common blood pressure medication are now moving forward with a human trial.
Disrupted circadian clock in the liver may affect glucose metabolism in diabetes patients.
Low total testosterone was associated with increased odds of greater carotid intima-media thickness and odds of endothelial dysfunction.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria