Latest Diabetes News
Some, but not all, of the increased risk attributed to diabetes-related complications.
Similar risk of heart attack and stroke for second-line therapies for type 2 diabetes in combination with metformin.
Dose-dependent reduction in pain with inhaled cannabis in trial of 16 patients.
Lower risk of Parkinson's seen only with current use of glitazone.
Nasal spray at 10-mg or 14-mg reduces symptoms for women, but not men, with diabetes.
Men with ED had more than twice the odds of undiagnosed diabetes.
The study findings raise questions regarding the safety and accuracy of blood glucose meters for measuring blood glucose at home and in trials.
Higher rates of sudden cardiac arrest are seen in blacks versus whites and often at younger ages.
Ubiquitous nonadherence to 2011 Advisory Committee's hepatitis B recommendation.
Combination of diabetes, myocardial infarction, stroke linked to 15 years of reduced life expectancy.
Gout is associated with an elevated likelihood of both organic and psychogenic ED.
Patiromer's efficacy and safety confirmed out to 52 weeks.
Older patients with more diabetes complications have greater cognitive decline, study finds.
In a study, CKD was 35% more likely to develop in female than male diabetics in adjusted analyses that took into account death as a competing risk.
No significant difference versus standard care for amputation, healing; but increase in mortality seen.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Gleason Score Predicts BCR in High-Risk Prostate Cancer Patients
- Statin Use Fails To Prevent Progression to Lethal Prostate Cancer
- Biomarkers Help Distinguish Prostate Cancer from Prostatitis
- Do Surgeons' Complication Rates Reflect Their Competence?
- Low Magnesium Linked to Worse Survival in Hemodialysis Patients
- Should the U.S. Government Cap the Cost of Cancer Drugs?
- Tamsulosin Improves Passage of Large Ureteric Stones
- Kidney Transplant Outcomes Better If Donors Are Kept in Hypothermia
- Blood Pressure Variability Linked to Heart Disease, Early Death
- Lower Extremity Amputation in Diabetes Linked with Greater Death Risk