Latest Diabetes News
Dissociation of glycemic effect from plasma exposure with gut-restricted metformin.
Increased risk in patients versus controls; higher lifetime prevalence for patients, especially males.
Speakers address the different guidelines for management of dyslipidemia and discuss how best to incorporate them into clinical practice.
No significant difference in risk for long-acting analog, other basal insulin therapies.
CGM glucose values increased versus blood glucose meter values in acetaminophen challenge.
Regularly eating chili peppers, other spicy foods linked to lower mortality risk during study period.
More weight loss for 3.0 mg liraglutide versus placebo among overweight/obese with type 2 diabetes.
Possible metabolic mechanism includes activation of AMPK, FADS suppression.
Long-term use of insulin pump reduces fatal coronary heart disease, CVD, all-cause mortality.
Increased risk of work disability mainly attributed to mental, musculoskeletal, circulatory disorders.
Skipping breakfast increases postprandial hyperglycemia after lunch, dinner.
Some therapies harbor cardiovascular benefits while others may pose significant risks.
A multidisciplinary team-based approach to diabetes management may help prevent complications like diabetic kidney disease.
Little is known about the long-term effects of bariatric procedures
Restriction of calories, saturated fat did not correct myocardial DFA metabolism in IGT individuals.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Transperineal Prostate Biopsy Better for PCa Risk Statification
- Androgen Deprivation for Localized Prostate Cancer Ups Cardiac Risks
- Upping Shock Wave Frequency Improves Ureteral Stone Clearance
- High-Grade Prostate Cancer Linked to Low Testosterone
- Phosphate Binder Adherence Challenging for Dialysis Patients