CORAL study chair Lance Dworkin, MD, discusses the controversial finding with Renal & Urology News.
Latest Diabetes News
Two pathways with low fat deposition in early life may result in fat acquisition during childhood
One month after acute myocardial infarction, women were more likely to have a poorer recovery
Although positive effect of meds smaller in participants with lower blood pressure levels
CDC team found 19% hadn't seen a doctor within the last 6 months.
Among the increased risks, women with the disease had an 86% higher chance of dying from cardiovascular disease than men.
High triglyceride levels in women with gestational diabetes mellitus persist across trimesters
Investigators found the strongest associations for sepsis, followed by pneumonia and other lower respiratory tract infections.
Effect more pronounced with poor cancer prognosis
Risk of new-onset diabetes higher in the 1990s and 2000s than in the 1970s.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved the first weight loss treatment device, the Maestro Rechargeable System by EnteroMedics of St. Paul, Minnesota.
Increased risk for diabetes patients with obesity duration of four years or longer
About 55% of older patients who achieved HbA1C levels of less than 7% were treated with insulin or sulfonylureas, medications that may cause hypoglycemia.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Prostate Cancer Active Surveillance Outcomes Vary by Disease Risk
- High BMI a Plus for Some Metastatic Kidney Cancer Patients
- Statins May Prolong Life in Patients with Advanced Kidney Cancer
- Adjuvant Kidney Cancer Drugs Fail to Improve Outcomes
- Statins Plus ADT After Prostate Cancer Radiotherapy Ups Survival