Latest Diabetes News
AKI associated with 27% increased risk of hypoglycemia among patients with diabetes.
Diabetes and prediabetes duration also tied to worse subclinical systolic function, diastolic relaxation.
Nadir at BMI of 25 to 30 kg/m stepwise increase to peak for patients with BMI 40 kg/m
System allows glucose-responsive, closed-loop release to improve therapeutic performance of Ex4.
Relative risk of end-stage renal disease was 0.13 in those diagnosed in 1995-2011 versus 1965-1979.
Over 20% of US veterans were diagnosed with diabetes from 2013 to 2014.
Newly diagnosed T2D patients who strictly maintain glycemic targets may go into remission in 1 year.
Reduced incidence seen with lifestyle changes, meds; however, effect of meds is short-lived.
Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists found to lower hospital readmission risk in patients with heart failure and concomitant diabetes or renal insufficiency.
Delayed-release Niacin may be beneficial to patients with prediabetes and type 2 diabetes.
Saturated fat intake significantly decreases in HbA1c-lowering effect in DPP4i monotherapy in patients with diabetes.
Intensive BP drops may lower cardiovascular risks in both patients with and without diabetes.
In patients with T2DM, taking liraglutide before surgery may be associated with reduced post-op plasma glucose levels.
Atherothrombotic disease risk assessment based upon 10 readily available clinical variables.
Measuring the quality of life and status of health is imperative in patients with diabetes.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- CROWNWeb Reporting Gets Up to Speed With Implementation of Dashboard
- Prostate Cancer Gene Testing Guidelines Issued
- Radical Nephrectomy Linked With Worse Kidney Function, Survival
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Hypoglycemia in Diabetes Pts
- USPSTF Questions Nontraditional CVD Risk Factors for Assessment