Latest Diabetes News
FDA advises diabetes patients taking DPP-inhibitors who experience severe joint pain to contact their doctors.
No link with coronary artery calcium progression for individuals without diabetes.
Nonalbuminuric chronic kidney disease was linked to increases in all-cause and cardiovascular mortality, but not albuminuria or end-stage renal disease.
Improvement in patient satisfaction, decrease in perceived frequency of hyperglycemia.
Researchers don't know if the drugs signal developing disease, or contribute to it.
Dissociation of glycemic effect from plasma exposure with gut-restricted metformin.
Increased risk in patients versus controls; higher lifetime prevalence for patients, especially males.
Speakers address the different guidelines for management of dyslipidemia and discuss how best to incorporate them into clinical practice.
No significant difference in risk for long-acting analog, other basal insulin therapies.
CGM glucose values increased versus blood glucose meter values in acetaminophen challenge.
Regularly eating chili peppers, other spicy foods linked to lower mortality risk during study period.
More weight loss for 3.0 mg liraglutide versus placebo among overweight/obese with type 2 diabetes.
Possible metabolic mechanism includes activation of AMPK, FADS suppression.
Long-term use of insulin pump reduces fatal coronary heart disease, CVD, all-cause mortality.
Increased risk of work disability mainly attributed to mental, musculoskeletal, circulatory disorders.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Preop ADT Could Potentially Eradicate High-Risk Prostate Tumors
- PCa Deaths Rare Among Low-Risk Patients on Active Surveillance
- Can Tight Blood Pressure Control Prevent Repeat Hemorrhagic Strokes?
- Joint Pain Linked to DPP-4 Inhibitor Use by Type 2 Diabetics
- Doctor Involvement Improves Obese Patients' Weight-Loss Efforts