No matter how much pharmacologic therapy advances, patient behavior will remain a significant factor in the outcomes achieved.
Chronic diseases such as end-stage renal disease (ESRD) have now surpassed opportunistic infections as the leading cause of death among HIV-infected patients.
Daniel Canter, M.D., discusses narrow-band imaging (NBI) for visualization of bladder cancer.
Dr. Moe spoke about the importance of nephrology research and how a prize competition can facilitate the process.
Jonathan Harper, MD, of the UW School of Medicine in Seattle, explains his "Rolling Stones" concept as a feasible office procedure.
Renal Nutrition Update
Authors call for widespread action to promote fruits and vegetables in the average diet.
Nutrition experts endorse decision to drop fat restrictions, focusing on the quality of whole foods instead.
U.S. FDA gives food manufacturers 3 years to remove partially hydrogenated oils from the food supply.
Each physician has to determine areas where there is room for improvement and the potential return on changes made.
Suggestions include training staff on portal use and showing patients how to use the portal.
But many patients are unaware of existing options to communicate with their doctors, study findings suggest.
Legal Issues in Medicine
California court finds that state's cap on noneconomic damages is constitutional.
Individual cognitive factors accounted for half of all contributing human factor nano-codes.
Academic health system uses nondisclosure clauses in most malpractice settlement agreements.
After the assessment is over, it's time to move forward to mitigate issues and fill gaps where breaches could occur.
Increase of 21.7% in incidents since last report; theft is costly to consumers.
How to comply with HIPAA's risk assessment provision.
- Gleason Score Predicts BCR in High-Risk Prostate Cancer Patients
- Statin Use Fails To Prevent Progression to Lethal Prostate Cancer
- Biomarkers Help Distinguish Prostate Cancer from Prostatitis
- Erectile Function Worsens In Most Men After Prostate Biopsy
- Low Magnesium Linked to Worse Survival in Hemodialysis Patients
- Should the U.S. Government Cap the Cost of Cancer Drugs?
- Tamsulosin Improves Passage of Large Ureteric Stones
- Kidney Transplant Outcomes Better If Donors Are Kept in Hypothermia
- Blood Pressure Variability Linked to Heart Disease, Early Death
- Lower Extremity Amputation in Diabetes Linked with Greater Death Risk
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)