Physician organizations need to do a better job of training staff in safeguarding protected health information and complying with HIPAA in other ways.
Practices involved in legal cases were penalized for not having completed a comprehensive risk assessment.
Among the first things practices should do is set up a check-out/check-in system.
Providers need to analyze which procedures and services constitute a large portion of their practice.
Specialists need to determine the kind of payers they have and the kind of payers they want.
Medical groups may need to address such issues as claims denials and failure to obtain prior authorization.
Search our drug information database which contains an extensive list of renal & urology drugs.
Our drug database contains over 4,000 concise product monographs (OTC & Rx) and is organized by brand name, generic name, and disease state. Each monograph includes indication, dose, contraindications, precautions, interactions, adverse reactions, manufacturer, and how supplied information. We even offer you the ability to compare drugs side-by-side, and search for information on pharmaceutical companies.
FIND DRUG MONOGRAPHS
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Active Surveillance for Intermediate-risk Prostate Cancer Challenged
- Ferritin Spike Soon After Hemodialysis Initiation Ups Mortality Risk
- Type of Long-term Response to Targeted mRCC Therapy Affects Outcomes
- Add-on Sevelamer Therapy May Improve Hemodialysis Patient Survival
- Hypothyroidism Tied to Worse Quality of Life for HD Patients
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)