Cromolyn sodium Inh Soln Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Cromolyn sodium 20mg/2mL; soln for inhalation.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Cromolyn sodium Inh Soln:
Asthma prophylaxis. Prevention of bronchoconstriction before exposure to a known precipitant (eg, exercise).
Adults and Children:
<2 years: not recommended. ≥2 years: 20mg administered by power-operated nebulizer 4 times a day. Bronchoconstriction prevention: contents of 1 amp inhaled up to 60 minutes before precipitant.
Not for treatment of acute attack. Impaired renal or hepatic function: reduce dose. Reevaluate if no improvement after 4 weeks. Avoid abrupt cessation. Discontinue if eosinophilic pneumonia occurs. Coronary artery disease or arrhythmias (Inhaler). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid use with isoproterenol during pregnancy.
Mast cell stabilizer.
Bronchospasm, throat irritation, bad taste, cough, wheezing, nasal congestion, anaphylaxis.
Formerly known under the brand name Intal.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Daily Tadalafil May Be Effective for Peyronie's Disease
- High ESA and Iron Doses Up CVD, Death Risk in Hemodialysis Patients
- Diabetic CKD Patients Survive Longer With Metformin
- Tamsulosin Improves Clearance of Large Distal Ureteral Stones
- Case: Treating Iron Deficiency Anemia in a Heart Failure Patient
- Cytoreductive Nephrectomy Benefits for Metastatic RCC Demonstrated
- Phosphorus Content Higher in Packaged Meats Listing Phosphate Additives
- High Intakes of Teas, Peas, Soybeans May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk
- More Intense Treatment, Worse Quality of Life in Diabetes
- Hemodialysis CRBSI Outcomes Unaffected by Distance to Nephrologists
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)