No matter how much pharmacologic therapy advances, patient behavior will remain a significant factor in the outcomes achieved.
Chronic diseases such as end-stage renal disease (ESRD) have now surpassed opportunistic infections as the leading cause of death among HIV-infected patients.
For decades, prostate cancer risk (PCa) stratification was based primarily on the architectural pattern of the tumor.
Among the most important challenges in producing a medical newspaper is deciding what studies or topics on which to report.
Recently, increasing attention focused on mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) in treating chronic kidney disease (CKD).
Dr. Kalantar-Zadeh: Patients with Ebola deserve to be offered renal replacement therapy, even if odds of survival are slim.
Eisenhower warned Americans to beware of the "military-industrial complex" as it can overwhelm us.
The separation of continents no longer provides a secure buffer against the spread of communicable diseases from far-flung places.
Would any heterogeneity in the choice of additional services be unethical or implausible?
We crave clinical and scientific data, yet we grieve the performance-based data increasingly directed toward us.
Many patients still insist that I need to check and manage their cholesterol.
For the first time, the federal CMS has made public a database showing what it pays out to individual physicians.
Human beings are unique in the animal kingdom when it comes to nutrition.
- Few African American and Latinos Pursuing Careers as Physicians
- Recent Developments in Prostate Cancer Management
- Novel Technique May Improve Detection of Aggressive Prostate Cancer
- Abnormal Mineral, Bone Markers in Dialysis Patients Hike Mortality
- Longer Dialysis Session Gap Raises Hospitalization, Death Risk
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)