Chronic diseases such as end-stage renal disease (ESRD) have now surpassed opportunistic infections as the leading cause of death among HIV-infected patients.
For decades, prostate cancer risk (PCa) stratification was based primarily on the architectural pattern of the tumor.
Among the most important challenges in producing a medical newspaper is deciding what studies or topics on which to report.
Recently, increasing attention focused on mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) in treating chronic kidney disease (CKD).
Dr. Kalantar-Zadeh: Patients with Ebola deserve to be offered renal replacement therapy, even if odds of survival are slim.
Eisenhower warned Americans to beware of the "military-industrial complex" as it can overwhelm us.
The separation of continents no longer provides a secure buffer against the spread of communicable diseases from far-flung places.
Would any heterogeneity in the choice of additional services be unethical or implausible?
We crave clinical and scientific data, yet we grieve the performance-based data increasingly directed toward us.
Many patients still insist that I need to check and manage their cholesterol.
For the first time, the federal CMS has made public a database showing what it pays out to individual physicians.
Human beings are unique in the animal kingdom when it comes to nutrition.
The term "personalized medicine" remains an overused promise to apply specific treatment plans.
This higher level of dialysis care in Canada is partly owed to substantially higher reimbursement fees for nephrologists.
- Complications More Likely After Radiotherapy vs. Surgery for PCa
- Metformin Use in Advanced CKD Raises Death Risk
- Heparin-Lidocaine Combo Relieves Interstitial Cystitis Symptoms
- Cholecalciferol May Be Superior for Treating Vitamin D Deficiency
- Laparoscopically Harvesting Right Kidneys from Living Donors Safe
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)