The guidelines state that clinicians should offer blue light cystoscopy, if available, as an adjunct to traditional white light cystoscopy (WLC) to increase tumor detection and decrease recurrence.
To avoid CKD, the guidelines now provide detailed review of the risk/benefit profile comparing partial to radical nephrectomy.
Both urologists and nephrologists provide follow-up and continuity of care to patients after cancer nephrectomy.
Data from MagnaSafe suggest that MRIs for patients with pacemakers/ICDs can be performed safely.
Efforts should be directed at making nephrology more appealing to recruit more trainees.
Adjuvant treatments for RCC must be prioritized by physicians because ultimately value is determined by how medicine is practiced.
Medicine is making progress to refine patient care.
Medical research inherently seeks to improve approaches to clinical care.
Recent studies have cast doubt on the universal superiority of the conventional approach to dialysis.
Randomized clinical trials are often considered the highest level on which medical care should be based.
As the rate of acceleration in ESRD incidence decline, physicians should expect heightened battles for the ESRD fountains.
Patients diagnosed with prostate cancer often struggle with their diagnosis.
Renal & Urology News interviewed Matthew R. Weir, MD, director of the division of nephrology and professor of medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Tamsulosin Improves Clearance of Large Distal Ureteral Stones
- Calciphylaxis in CKD Patients Linked to Hypercoagulable Conditions
- Ceruloplasmin a Possible Marker of CKD in Sickle Cell Anemia
- Post-Parathyroidectomy Calcium Requirement Linked to Preop ALP
- Shift in HIV-Associated Kidney Disease Characterized
- Cytoreductive Nephrectomy Benefits for Metastatic RCC Demonstrated
- Phosphorus Content Higher in Packaged Meats Listing Phosphate Additives
- High Intakes of Teas, Peas, Soybeans May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk
- More Intense Treatment, Worse Quality of Life in Diabetes
- Hemodialysis CRBSI Outcomes Unaffected by Distance to Nephrologists
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)