Recently, increasing attention focused on mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) in treating chronic kidney disease (CKD).
Dr. Kalantar-Zadeh: Patients with Ebola deserve to be offered renal replacement therapy, even if odds of survival are slim.
Eisenhower warned Americans to beware of the "military-industrial complex" as it can overwhelm us.
The separation of continents no longer provides a secure buffer against the spread of communicable diseases from far-flung places.
Would any heterogeneity in the choice of additional services be unethical or implausible?
We crave clinical and scientific data, yet we grieve the performance-based data increasingly directed toward us.
Many patients still insist that I need to check and manage their cholesterol.
For the first time, the federal CMS has made public a database showing what it pays out to individual physicians.
Human beings are unique in the animal kingdom when it comes to nutrition.
The term "personalized medicine" remains an overused promise to apply specific treatment plans.
This higher level of dialysis care in Canada is partly owed to substantially higher reimbursement fees for nephrologists.
When we move from one state to another, typically we must obtain a driver's license from the state to which we are relocating.
As a venue for presenting important research on kidney disease to the world, Kidney Week never disappoints.
After the end of 16-day federal shutdown in October, media headlines touted the financial impact on America and the cost of restarting the government.
Over the past 10 years the annual ESRD incidence rate per million U.S. population has remained stagnant or even shown sporadic downward trends.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)