Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Features
Recently, increasing attention focused on mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) in treating chronic kidney disease (CKD).
Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Videos
Latest Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) News
A renal rehabilitation exercise program improved distances on 6-minute walk tests, muscle strength on sit-to-stand tests.
Calciphylaxis was 75% less likely to develop in patients who received the drug rather than placebo.
Each 0.5 mg/dL increment in serum phosphorus associated with 58% increased odds of coronary heart failure (CHF).
Renal events are significantly less likely if erythropoiesis-stimulating agents are started at hemoglobin levels below 11 g/dL.
Tight blood pressure control slows the rate of increase in total kidney volume and reduces left ventricular index.
Periodontal disease is associated with a significant 4.2-fold greater incidence of chronic kidney disease (CKD).
Plant-based diet had the lowest urinary phosphorus excretion, whereas an inorganic-based diet had the highest.
In a study of 3.3 million veterans, administration of niacin B vitamin was associated with less rapid decline in eGFR.
No association between phosphorus levels and all-cause mortality in women.
No link between overweight and the birth of babies with congenital abnormalities of the kidney and urinary tract.
Hemoglobin level below 8 mg/dL associated with 82% increased odds of prolonged bleeding time with anemia.
Beneficial effect of drug that inhibits galectin-3 is most pronounced in patients with diabetes-related chronic kidney disease (CKD).
Muscle mass is not as accurate a predictor of chronic kidney disease (CKD) as previously believed.
Flexible ureterorenoscopy (f-URS) is safe and effective for removing kidney stones in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD).
Mediterranean diet is associated with a significantly lower risk of chronic kidney disease (CKD).
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients Benefit from Exercise Rehab
- What effect does advertising to attract patients have on perception of the medical profession?
- Prior Kidney Donor Favorable Waitlist Policy is Working
- Brown Fat Could Help Manage Diabetes
- New 5-Star Dialysis Facility Rating System To Debut