Latest Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) News
Overweight, obesity tied to higher incidence of CKD even in metabolically healthy younger patients.
ERA-EDTA offers guidance on selecting patients for treatment, when to start the drug, dosing strategies, and other aspects of care.
Statin users had 30% increased odds of acute kidney injury and 36% increased odds of chronic kidney disease compared with non-users.
Use of oral megestrol acetate (MA) is associate with significant adverse effects.
Chronic kidney disease found to be 58% more likely to develop in individuals with than without the sleep disorder.
New findings suggest the medication induces beneficial renal structural changes.
The drugs do not appear to prevent progression to ESRD, new meta-analysis finds.
Overall albuminuria drop may be too small for cardiovascular, renal risk protection.
Four patients would need to adhere to diet to avoid primary end point in per-protocol analysis.
Study shows benefit of initiating epoetin beta therapy at hemoglobin levels not less than 10 g/dL in non-dialysis CKD patients.
Serum total and free testosterone declined in men on hemodialysis who received a 6-month course of the drug for secondary hyperparathyroidism.
Treatment corrects anemia and improves quality of life, according to a systemic review.
Less hypoglycemia for patients weighing less than 95 kg, with no impact on potassium lowering.
New risk calculator estimates who will need dialysis in 2 to 5 years.
While study can't prove cause-and-effect, increasing damage seen as dose rises.
Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Videos
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Twice-Weekly Dialysis May Preserve Residual Kidney Function
- Robotic Nephrectomy of Kidney Tumors With Thrombi Feasible
- How to Prevent Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus
- Parathyroidectomy Cuts Mortality Risk in Patients With Severe SHPT
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Ups Risk of Non-Cancer Hospitalizations