Latest Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) News
Higher rates of sudden cardiac arrest are seen in blacks versus whites and often at younger ages.
Boiling sliced meat in a pressure cooker filled with soft water may be a promising way for dialysis patients to reduce phosphorus intake.
Study implicates dairy products, cereals, and grains containing inorganic phosphate additives.
Among the phosphate-containing medicinal products prescribed to chronic kidney disease patients, 76% may contain absorbable phosphate.
Baseline eGFR, higher phosphorus, proteinuria, and male gender, also are associated with an elevated risk of end-stage renal disease in patients with chronic kidney disease.
Gout is associated with an elevated likelihood of both organic and psychogenic ED.
Patiromer's efficacy and safety confirmed out to 52 weeks.
ECG Metrics are stronger as markers for cardiovascular death than for all-cause mortality or noncardiovascular death.
Study implicates an inability of a CKD patient's kidneys to excrete the daily acid load.
Older patients with more diabetes complications have greater cognitive decline, study finds.
Fracture rates are 2.4- to 3-fold higher than rates found in the general population of children and adolescents.
In a study, CKD was 35% more likely to develop in female than male diabetics in adjusted analyses that took into account death as a competing risk.
Proteinuria, hyperphosphatemia, anemia linked more rapid annual decline in eGFR.
CKD, which is mainly defined by laboratory abnormalities, is a suitable EHR phenotype.
Study reveals a 35% increase in all-cause mortality risk compared with non-use.
Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Videos
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Gleason Score Predicts BCR in High-Risk Prostate Cancer Patients
- Statin Use Fails To Prevent Progression to Lethal Prostate Cancer
- Biomarkers Help Distinguish Prostate Cancer from Prostatitis
- Do Surgeons' Complication Rates Reflect Their Competence?
- Low Magnesium Linked to Worse Survival in Hemodialysis Patients
- Should the U.S. Government Cap the Cost of Cancer Drugs?
- Tamsulosin Improves Passage of Large Ureteric Stones
- Kidney Transplant Outcomes Better If Donors Are Kept in Hypothermia
- Blood Pressure Variability Linked to Heart Disease, Early Death
- Lower Extremity Amputation in Diabetes Linked with Greater Death Risk