Latest Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) News
Every 1 mg/dL increase in serum phosphorus level was linked with 36% greater odds of kidney failure among non-dialysis CKD patients.
High phosphate levels are associated with 3.3-fold increased odds of 28-day in-hospital mortality.
A multidisciplinary team-based approach to diabetes management may help prevent complications like diabetic kidney disease.
New findings may offer possible strategies for preventing renal function decline.
Study of Asian patients found that the 12-month mortality rate was significantly higher in those with than without hyponatremia at hospital admission for heart failure.
Significant improvement in skin dryness with topical vitamin D without major side effects.
Frequent exercise also increases the odds of kidney function loss.
As renal function declines, levels of trimethylamine-N-oxide increase, and this correlates with increased atherosclerosis burden.
In these patients, no further decline in GFR, regardless of TKI used.
Higher rates of sudden cardiac arrest are seen in blacks versus whites and often at younger ages.
Boiling sliced meat in a pressure cooker filled with soft water may be a promising way for dialysis patients to reduce phosphorus intake.
Study implicates dairy products, cereals, and grains containing inorganic phosphate additives.
Among the phosphate-containing medicinal products prescribed to chronic kidney disease patients, 76% may contain absorbable phosphate.
Baseline eGFR, higher phosphorus, proteinuria, and male gender, also are associated with an elevated risk of end-stage renal disease in patients with chronic kidney disease.
Gout is associated with an elevated likelihood of both organic and psychogenic ED.
Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Videos
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Transperineal Prostate Biopsy Better for PCa Risk Statification
- Androgen Deprivation for Localized Prostate Cancer Ups Cardiac Risks
- Upping Shock Wave Frequency Improves Ureteral Stone Clearance
- Phosphate Binder Adherence Challenging for Dialysis Patients
- High Phosphorus Levels Predict CKD Progression, Early Death