Chorionic gonadotropin Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chorionic gonadotropin 5000Units/10mL, 10000Units/10mL; pwd for IM inj after reconstitution; contains benzyl alcohol.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Chorionic gonadotropin:
Ovulation induction in women with secondary ovarian failure who have been pretreated with human gonadotropins.
5000–10000 Units IM one day after last dose of gonadotropins.
Androgen- or estrogen-dependent neoplasm. Ovarian enlargement and overstimulation while on gonadotropin therapy. Primary ovarian failure.
Cardiac or renal disease. Epilepsy. Migraine. Asthma. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Ovarian hyperstimulation or enlargement, ascites, pleural effusion, ovarian cyst rupture, multiple births, arterial thromboembolism, headache, irritability, restlessness, depression, fatigue, edema, gynecomastia, local reactions.
Formerly known under the brand name Novarel.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- New Cholesterol Guidelines Consider CKD 'Risk-Enhancing'
- Gadolinium-Based Contrast May Up Acute Kidney Injury Risk in CKD
- Salvage Prostatectomy May Benefit Some Prostate Cancer Patients
- Extraprostatic Extension Indicates Aggressive Prostate Cancer
- Surgery, Radiation Regimens for High-Grade PCa Offer Similar Outcomes
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)