CARNITOR ORAL SOLUTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levocarnitine 1g/10mL; cherry flavor.
Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for CARNITOR ORAL SOLUTION:
Primary systemic or secondary carnitine deficiency.
Consume slowly in divided doses, preferably with meals; may mix in liquids. Initially 1g/day; titrate slowly; range 1–3g/day.
Consume slowly in divided doses, preferably with meals; may mix in liquids. Initially 50mg/kg per day; titrate slowly; range 50–100mg/kg (max 3g) per day.
Obtain baseline carnitine level; monitor blood chemistry, carnitine levels, vital signs, clinical condition. Seizure disorders. Renal insufficiency (oral forms). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant warfarin: monitor INR.
GI upset/pain, body odor, seizures; inj: hypercalcemia, local reactions.
Tabs—90; Oral soln—4oz; Inj amps or vials (single-dose 5mL)—5
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Tamsulosin Improves Clearance of Large Distal Ureteral Stones
- Calciphylaxis in CKD Patients Linked to Hypercoagulable Conditions
- Post-Parathyroidectomy Calcium Requirement Linked to Preop ALP
- Sucroferric Oxyhydroxide Efficacy Similar to That of Sevelamer
- Ceruloplasmin a Possible Marker of CKD in Sickle Cell Anemia
- Cytoreductive Nephrectomy Benefits for Metastatic RCC Demonstrated
- Phosphorus Content Higher in Packaged Meats Listing Phosphate Additives
- High Intakes of Teas, Peas, Soybeans May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk
- More Intense Treatment, Worse Quality of Life in Diabetes
- Hemodialysis CRBSI Outcomes Unaffected by Distance to Nephrologists
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)