Men with asymptomatic vascular disease are more likely to develop erectile dysfunction (ED) compared to those who don't.
Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) does not increase cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk.
Each 0.5 mg/dL increment in serum phosphorus associated with 58% increased odds of coronary heart failure (CHF).
Hemodialysis (HD) patients in highest quartile of serum ferritin had an increased risk of all-cause, cardiovascular, and infection-related mortality.
Bacteria in the gut metabolizes red meat in a way that greatly increases the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD).
Low total testosterone was associated with increased odds of greater carotid intima-media thickness and odds of endothelial dysfunction.
A recent study on the negative effects of high milk intake and its association with cardiovascular disease (CVD) is being decried by nutritionists.
Dialysis patients who take heart medications such as beta blockers are at an increased risk of premature death.
In healthy people, renal hyperfiltration associated with 37% and 66% increased risk of all-cause and cardiovascular mortality, respectively.
Recently, increasing attention focused on mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists (MRAs) in treating chronic kidney disease (CKD).
High levels of indoxyl sulfate are associated with a more than 5-fold increased risk of a first heart failure event.
The risk of dying after suffering a hemorrhagic or ischemic stroke is greatest in the first week.
Sildenafil (Viagra) has demonstrated improvement in heart function without any adverse effect on blood pressure.
Low testosterone may increase cardiovascular (CV) risk in middle-aged men with type 2 diabetes.
Study of AV fistula using cardiovascular MRI reveals increased cardiac output, dilation of heart chambers, and deterioration in endothelial function.
The highest tertile of sclerostin level is associated with a 71% decreased risk of cardiovascular death vs. the lowest tertile.
Statin users with diabetes at lower risk of neuropathy, retinopathy, gangrene.
Analysis of self-monitoring, self-titration of meds in patients at high risk of cardiovascular disease.
Overweight or obese adults with risk factors should be referred for intensive behavioral counseling.
Second review shows value in CKD with suspected ACS, limited by variable sensitivity/specificity.
Allopurinol therapy is not associated with beneficial cardiovascular outcomes in gout patients.
The risk of hospitalization for cardiovascular causes is lower, but the risk for infection-related hospitalization is higher.
Evidence of synergistic effect between hemoglobin A1c values and sodium intake.
It is associated with better long-term survival and reduced risk of revascularization and myocardial infarction compared with PCI.
Associations for favorable food stores, physical activity resources with ideal CV health.
They also are at elevated risk of cardiovascular and all-cause mortality, study finds.
No differences found in mortality, CVD between donors, nondonors older than 55.
Finding runs counter to some prior reports; much larger trials are needed, experts say.
A 4% or greater increase in dry weight is associated with a 2-fold increased risk of major adverse cardiac and cerebrovascular events.
Among patients with hypertension, elevated systolic blood pressure is associated with the highest risk for CV.
- Statin Plus Metformin May Reduce Prostate Cancer Relapse Risk
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Linked to Early Vascular Disease
- Testosterone Therapy Does Not Increase Cardiovascular Risk
- Have malpractice award caps made any difference in medical practice?
- 'Jekyll & Hyde' Molecule Could Lead to Aggressive Prostate Cancer (PCa)
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients Benefit from Exercise Rehab
- What effect does advertising to attract patients have on perception of the medical profession?
- Prior Kidney Donor Favorable Waitlist Policy is Working
- Brown Fat Could Help Manage Diabetes
- New 5-Star Dialysis Facility Rating System To Debut
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)