Latest Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) News
DOAC users with eGFRs less than 60 mL/min/1.73m2 had a 23% higher risk for bleeding than warfarin users.
Insufficient evidence for adding to traditional CVD risk assessment in asymptomatic adults.
Association seen between marital status and risk, prognosis of coronary heart disease or stroke
Apixaban recipients had a 28% lower risk for major bleeding compared with patients treated with warfarin.
Composite outcome occurred in 12.9%; 50.1% of events in second to fifth years.
Lower incidence of major cardiovascular events with Mediterranean diet supplemented with oil, nuts.
And evidence insufficient to recommend ECG screen for asymptomatic adults at intermediate or high risk.
mHealth programs generally improve overall cardiovascular disease risk, at least in the short term.
Men with erectile dysfunction (ED) are almost twice as likely to experience a cardiovascular event as those without ED.
Generally moderate- or low-quality evidence for preventive benefits, no effect, or increased risk
Particulate matter less than 2.5 m in diameter linked to higher sudden cardiac death risk in women
SAD cause of considerable proportion of deaths in CHD patients without severe systolic dysfunction
Findings show MHO is transient, so not a reliable predictor of lower cardiovascular risk in the future
Aortic distensibility independently linked to concentric left ventricular remodeling
FGF-23 in top quartile independently linked to greater risk of CV death, heart failure hospitalization.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Robotic Partial Nephrectomy Mostly Superior to Other Surgeries
- FDA Requires Safety Label Changes for Fluoroquinolones
- AV Access at Hemodialysis Initiation Less Likely Among Women
- Development of Clinically Evident Gout: A Closer Look at Elevated Serum Urate Levels
- Apixaban Is Safest Direct Oral Anticoagulant vs Warfarin