Latest Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) News
Study confirms the noninferiority of semaglutide.
Study participants fully adherent to treatment regimens were less likely to experience major adverse cardiovascular events.
Successes in preventing and treating cardiovascular disease are likely the cause of the shift.
Review links atrial fibrillation to increased risk for cardiovascular events, kidney disease, not just stroke.
But, the drug-eluting devices do lead to fewer repeat revascularizations.
Low DBP linked to myocardial damage, CHD events especially among those with SBP 120 mm Hg.
Even after 1 year, risk of mortality, cardiovascular events remains high.
Cancer is also now the leading cause of death for a number of minority groups.
A recent trial compared the effects of regular grapefruit juice with a low furanocoumarin hybrid grapefruit juice on midazolam.
Increases in cardiovascular death, cancer death, noncardiovascular noncancer death in men, women
Patients who took CVD medications less than 60% of the time before starting dialysis had a 21% increased risk of early death after dialysis initiation.
Doubling of serum creatinine occured in 1,262 patients studied.
Researchers found a U-shaped relationship between HDL cholesterol and premature death across all levels of kidney function.
The prevalence of ED is 30% higher among men who have vitamin D levels below 20 ng/mL versus those with levels of 30 ng/mL or higher.
5 mg apixaban twice daily deemed safe, appropriate for those with 1 criterion in ARISTOTLE trial.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Uric Acid Threshold That Predicts Kidney Stone Formation Identified
- Hypogonadism in Male HD Patients Linked to Poor ESA Response
- Teaching Low Phosphorus Cooking May Improve Hyperphosphatemia
- Study Identifies Predictors of HD Initiation After AVF Surgery
- Hyperphosphatemia Linked With Mortality in Septic AKI