Latest Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) News
Study reveals favorable myocardial adaptations, including enhanced left ventricular diastolic function.
Smartphone and standard ECGs detect atrial rate and rhythm, AV block, QRS delay with equal accuracy.
Transcarotid system designed to help prevent stroke during stent and angioplasty procedures
1 in 3 survey respondents rejected the idea even if it meant a shorter life
Among the increased risks, women with the disease had an 86% higher chance of dying from cardiovascular disease than men.
Reduction in mass may confer diet's protective cardiovascular effect
Investigators found the strongest associations for sepsis, followed by pneumonia and other lower respiratory tract infections.
New finding may explain reported associations between nephrolithiasis and cardiovascular disease.
Kidney stone patients might need closer monitoring for further signs of pending cardiovascular issues.
The 2014 recommendations also could prevent an estimated 56,000 cardiovascular events annually and save costs.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Prepping Your Practice for Retirement
- Support for Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Nonmetastatic Bladder Cancer
- Low-dose Brachytherapy Provides Better Outcomes in Intermediate PCa
- Short-Term ADT+Radiotherapy Does Not Help Intermediate PCa Survival
- Early Bicalutamide Aids Survival in Nonmetastatic Prostate Cancer