Latest Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) News
Association strongest with cardiovascular mortality in the elderly.
But researchers note little evidence exists on the benefits and dangers of doing so.
Speakers address the different guidelines for management of dyslipidemia and discuss how best to incorporate them into clinical practice.
Meta-analysis shows superior treatment effects on inflammation, cardiac function.
No difference in major bleeding, overall mortality, but reduction in clinically relevant nonmajor bleeding
No significant difference in risk for long-acting analog, other basal insulin therapies.
Association with coronary heart disease is smaller; dose-response association seen for stroke.
Most men prescribed testosterone have age-related hypogonadism, for which treatment is not FDA-approved
Researchers find transport time to specialized center sometimes longer than 2 hours.
Regularly eating chili peppers, other spicy foods linked to lower mortality risk during study period.
Long-term use of insulin pump reduces fatal coronary heart disease, CVD, all-cause mortality.
Largest risk reduction for heart failure seen for walking/cycling for at least 20 minutes per day.
Independent and inverse correlation seen for mortality with acute decompensated heart failure.
People with a steady diet of foods such as processed meats and sugar-sweetened beverages had a 56% greater risk of acute coronary heart disease.
Hispanic and Asian individuals and African American women have lower usage of EMS transport for stroke.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Transperineal Prostate Biopsy Better for PCa Risk Statification
- Androgen Deprivation for Localized Prostate Cancer Ups Cardiac Risks
- Upping Shock Wave Frequency Improves Ureteral Stone Clearance
- High-Grade Prostate Cancer Linked to Low Testosterone
- Phosphate Binder Adherence Challenging for Dialysis Patients