Canadian Urological Association Annual Meeting Coverage
Preoperative weight loss greater than 10% and operative time more than 6 hours also increased the risk.
Researchers found similar post-surgical outcomes between bladder cancer patients having primary and salvage radical cystectomy.
A prolonged hospital stay and discharge to a nursing facility were among the risks.
Donor and recipient outcomes are similar to those associated with laparoscopic removal of left donor kidneys.
In a study, the treatment was associated with a 53% decreased risk of death from kidney cancer compared with expectant management.
Ten years after the laser procedure, no reoperation was needed for 95% of patients treated for symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Researchers observe no association between prostate cancer and urethritis, orchitis, or epididymitis.
Radiation treatment is associated with an increased risk of requiring minimally invasive urologic procedures.
In a phase 2 trial, enzalutamide treatment was associated with significantly longer progression-free survival.
Study shows a significantly better 5-year cancer-specific survival rate compared with radical cystectomy.
Use of the drug reduced the risk of recurrence and cancer-related mortality in diabetic patients undergoing radical cystectomy.
Transient rises in PSA after radiotherapy may be due to late damage to healthy prostatic tissue, evidence suggests.
Increased long-term risk observed in men on active surveillance.
Complication and retreatment rates are higher than in normal-weight patients, Canadian study finds.
It has a sensitivity of 92% and a specificity of 100%.
- Twice-Weekly Dialysis May Preserve Residual Kidney Function
- Robotic Nephrectomy of Kidney Tumors With Thrombi Feasible
- How to Prevent Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus
- Parathyroidectomy Cuts Mortality Risk in Patients With Severe SHPT
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Ups Risk of Non-Cancer Hospitalizations
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)