Canadian Urological Association Annual Meeting Coverage
Preoperative weight loss greater than 10% and operative time more than 6 hours also increased the risk.
Researchers found similar post-surgical outcomes between bladder cancer patients having primary and salvage radical cystectomy.
A prolonged hospital stay and discharge to a nursing facility were among the risks.
Donor and recipient outcomes are similar to those associated with laparoscopic removal of left donor kidneys.
In a study, the treatment was associated with a 53% decreased risk of death from kidney cancer compared with expectant management.
Ten years after the laser procedure, no reoperation was needed for 95% of patients treated for symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Researchers observe no association between prostate cancer and urethritis, orchitis, or epididymitis.
Radiation treatment is associated with an increased risk of requiring minimally invasive urologic procedures.
In a phase 2 trial, enzalutamide treatment was associated with significantly longer progression-free survival.
Study shows a significantly better 5-year cancer-specific survival rate compared with radical cystectomy.
Use of the drug reduced the risk of recurrence and cancer-related mortality in diabetic patients undergoing radical cystectomy.
Transient rises in PSA after radiotherapy may be due to late damage to healthy prostatic tissue, evidence suggests.
Increased long-term risk observed in men on active surveillance.
Complication and retreatment rates are higher than in normal-weight patients, Canadian study finds.
It has a sensitivity of 92% and a specificity of 100%.
- Perineural Invasion Predicts Prostate Cancer Bone Metastasis
- Phosphate Binder Adherence Challenging for Dialysis Patients
- Combo Superior for Overactive Bladder in BPH Patients
- Neutrophil Count May Predict Death Risk in Prostate Cancer Patients
- Why Heart Safety of Testosterone in Older Men Remains a Concern
- Erectile Function Worsens In Most Men After Prostate Biopsy
- Transperineal Prostate Biopsy Better for PCa Risk Statification
- Androgen Deprivation for Localized Prostate Cancer Ups Cardiac Risks
- Upping Shock Wave Frequency Improves Ureteral Stone Clearance
- High-Grade Prostate Cancer Linked to Low Testosterone
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)