BONTRIL PDM CIII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Phendimetrazine tartrate 35mg; scored tabs.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for BONTRIL PDM:
Short-term adjunct in managing exogenous obesity.
35mg 2 or 3 times daily, 1 hour before meals; may reduce to 17.5mg/dose. Max 210mg/day in 3 evenly divided doses.
Advanced arteriosclerosis. Cardiovascular disease. Moderate or severe hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Glaucoma. Highly nervous or agitated states. Drug or alcohol abuse. Concomitant CNS stimulants. During or within 14 days of MAOIs (see Interactions).
Discontinue after a few weeks as tolerance to anorectic effect occurs. Avoid abrupt cessation after prolonged high doses. Mild hypertension. Abuse and dependence potential. Diabetes. Reevaluate after drug-free interval. Prescribe minimal supply to avoid overdose. Pregnancy.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. May antagonize guanethidine. CNS effects with alcohol, other CNS drugs.
Palpitation, tachycardia, hypertension, CNS overstimulation, dry mouth, GI disturbances, urinary frequency, changes in libido.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Surgery, Radiation Regimens for High-Grade PCa Offer Similar Outcomes
- Molecular Subtypes Linked to Outcomes in Acute Kidney Injury
- AHA: Icosapent Ethyl Cuts CV Risk From Elevated Triglycerides
- AHA: Dapagliflozin Noninferior to Placebo for MACE in T2DM
- Health Information Breach Brings Record Settlement
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)