Latest Bladder Cancer News
The malignancy is 36% less likely to develop, after adjusting for age and smoking, data show.
IsoFlux test showed 10 or more circulating tumor cells in four of nine samples, versus 0 with CellSearch.
New data suggest a prognosis role for the neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio.
Older adults react differently to treatment, oncology group notes.
Almost 1 in 3 not told cancer treatment might affect future fertility.
No improvement in quality of life, even for patients with good baseline performance status.
But research reveals association with pancreatic and prostate cancer.
Bladder cancer patients with and without a history of pelvic irradiation have similar recurrence-free and cancer-specific survival rates.
Even 70% of smokers support the concept of raising the legal smoking age.
Preoperative weight loss greater than 10% and operative time more than 6 hours also increased the risk.
Researchers found similar post-surgical outcomes between bladder cancer patients having primary and salvage radical cystectomy.
A prolonged hospital stay and discharge to a nursing facility were among the risks.
During a median of 6.5 years of follow-up, none of the 9 cases of bladder cancer diagnosed among 925 patients was muscle invasive.
NBI was superior at detecting early bladder tumors and carcinoma in situ, compared with WLI cystoscopy.
80% of lung cancer deaths linked to smoking, researchers say.
Bladder Cancer Videos
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- Preop ADT Could Potentially Eradicate High-Risk Prostate Tumors
- PCa Deaths Rare Among Low-Risk Patients on Active Surveillance
- Can Tight Blood Pressure Control Prevent Repeat Hemorrhagic Strokes?
- Joint Pain Linked to DPP-4 Inhibitor Use by Type 2 Diabetics
- Doctor Involvement Improves Obese Patients' Weight-Loss Efforts