Latest Bladder Cancer News
Almost 1 in 3 not told cancer treatment might affect future fertility.
No improvement in quality of life, even for patients with good baseline performance status.
But research reveals association with pancreatic and prostate cancer.
Bladder cancer patients with and without a history of pelvic irradiation have similar recurrence-free and cancer-specific survival rates.
Even 70% of smokers support the concept of raising the legal smoking age.
Preoperative weight loss greater than 10% and operative time more than 6 hours also increased the risk.
Researchers found similar post-surgical outcomes between bladder cancer patients having primary and salvage radical cystectomy.
A prolonged hospital stay and discharge to a nursing facility were among the risks.
During a median of 6.5 years of follow-up, none of the 9 cases of bladder cancer diagnosed among 925 patients was muscle invasive.
NBI was superior at detecting early bladder tumors and carcinoma in situ, compared with WLI cystoscopy.
80% of lung cancer deaths linked to smoking, researchers say.
Researchers found no association between diabetes and urinary bladder cancer risk and mortality.
Two-thirds of patients feel that tumor profiling could improve their treatment; many will pay out of pocket.
Less than half of primary care providers refer patients with any degree of hematuria for urological evaluation.
Bladder Cancer Videos
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
- High-Grade Prostate Cancer Linked to Low Testosterone
- Statin Use Fails To Prevent Progression to Lethal Prostate Cancer
- Erectile Function Worsens In Most Men After Prostate Biopsy
- Biomarkers Help Distinguish Prostate Cancer from Prostatitis
- Low Magnesium Linked to Worse Survival in Hemodialysis Patients