COMPLETE AUA 2016 COVERAGE
Patients whose surgical wait time was 3 months or more versus less than 3 months had 10-fold increased odds of having a smaller tumor.
Recipients of kidneys from individuals who donated the organs after cardiac death are more likely to experience graft loss and delayed graft function.
Diabetics taking the drug had a significant 68% decreased risk of grade progression compared with diabetics not on the drug.
Decreasing salt intake could decrease the risk of recurrent kidney stones.
Researchers find no difference in 5-year disease-specific survival between multi-disciplinary bladder-sparing approach and radical cystectomy.
Large prostates and bladder neck sparing also predict longer time to return of continence.
Findings emerge from a study of hypogonadal men who underwent radiation therapy, surgery, or active surveillance for prostate cancer.
Radiation therapy also is associated with a greater likelihood of fractures.
In prostate cancer, adjuvant docetaxel without hormone therapy did not improve biochemical disease-free survival after radical prostatectomy.
Transrectal ultrasound-guided (TRUS) prostate biopsy poorly detects and rules out clinically significant prostate cancer.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)