Latest AUA 2013 Coverage
Taiwan study finds a twofold increased risk of upper urinary tract stones in patients suffering from urinary incontinence.
Routine screening for bladder cancer may be warranted in this patient population.
Compared with radical nephrectomy, nephron-sparing surgery shift serum creatinine downward.
Shared decision-making about screening recommended for men aged 55-69 years.
Highest intake was associated with a 46% decreased progression risk compared with the lowest intake.
Study found a 27.3% incidence in Caucasians versus 15.5% and 15.1% in African Americans and Hispanics, respectively.
Median survival time from diagnosis improved by a median of 43 months from the pre-PSA to the post-PSA era.
SWL is an independent risk factor for hypertension in patients without CKD.
The incidence of emergency department visits rose 36% from 2007 to 2010 in California.
Study demonstrates improved disease-specific and overall survival.
In fact, men on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) had a lower PCa rate than men not on TRT.
Data support prophylactic use of a PDE-5 inhibitor in men receiving radiotherapy for prostate cancer.
This approach can reduce adverse events without impairing efficacy.
Collagenase injections decrease penile curvature and eases symptom bother, data show.
Many men even experience an improvement in lower urinary tract symptoms.
Tadalafil plus finasteride improved symptoms scores better than finasteride plus placebo.
Increased prophylaxis may benefit patients with non-O blood type.
Study finds a significant inverse association between weight changes and incontinence scores in normal-weight patients.
Lower urinary tract symptoms alone should raise suspicion for the malignancy.
From 2006-2009, the number of visits rose by an estimated 3.46% annually.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Phosphate Binders Lower Infection-Related Death Risk in HD
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- More Targeted Sodium Reduction Strategies Proposed
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)