Generic Name and Formulations:
Amlexanox 5%; adhesive oral paste.
Indications for APHTHASOL:
Aphthous ulcers in nonimmunocompromised adults.
Start at earliest onset of symptoms. Apply ¼ inch to each ulcer 4 times daily (following oral hygiene after meals and at bedtime). Wash hands after application. Continue until ulcer heals.
Discontinue if rash or contact mucositis occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Transient local pain, burning, stinging.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- FDA Approves Enzalutamide for Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Bladder Hydrodistention May Ease Nocturia in Interstitial Cystitis
- Overnight Saline Irrigation May Prevent Early NMIBC Recurrence
- 5 Key Steps to Grow Your New Nephrology or Urology Practice
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)