Annual Dialysis Conference Meeting Coverage
Patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) due to autosomal polycystic kidney disease are more likely to receive a kidney transplant than those with ESRD from other causes, new study finds.
In a study, the 30-day readmission rate for hemodialysis patients hospitalized for cardiovascular events was 34.2%.
Researchers observe an 81% increase in dialysis patients achieving recommended phosphorus levels after switching to sucroferric oxyhydroxide.
Study also identifies clinical characteristics associated with testosterone deficiency in this population.
Researchers report successful use of catheters within 24 hours in urgent situations.
The condition is independently associated with a 60% increased risk of 5-year mortality in maintenance hemodialysis patients.
Trend started around the introduction of the Medicare prospective payment system for dialysis care.
African-American children are 64% more likely to die than white children.
Researchers observe significantly higher levels of albumin and hemoglobin and better calcium and phosphate metabolism.
The need for this approach varies by season, researchers from Qatar report.
Acute kidney injury increased the likelihood of advanced chronic kidney disease in elderly patients.
In a study, 30% of patients reported they were moderately to extremely bothered by itching.
Unplanned initiation of dialysis often occurs in a hospital.
Biopsy-proven renal cell carcinoma developed in 35 (0.5%) of 6,827 ESRD patients.
Hemodialysis patients who use of the medications are less tolerant of ultrafiltration
Renal and Urology News Articles
- AUA Issues New Guidelines on Testosterone Deficiency
- Biopsy-to-RP Delay May Up Prostate Cancer Recurrence Risk
- Fenofibrate Therapy Slows CKD Progression in Diabetics
- Optimal Management of Oligometastatic Prostate Cancer Remains Unclear
- Post-Parathyroidectomy Predictors of Hungry Bone Syndrome Identified
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)