Latest Anemia News
Proteinuria, hyperphosphatemia, anemia linked more rapid annual decline in eGFR.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has strengthened an existing warning regarding serious and potentially fatal allergic reactions that can occur with Feraheme (ferumoxytol; AMAG Pharmaceuticals).
The medication may represent a new treatment option for dialysis patients, researchers concluded.
Soluble ferric pyrophosphate is given to hemodialysis patients via dialysate.
Levels below 10 g/dL found to increase risk of a composite endpoint of all-cause mortality, cerebrovascular events, and myocardial infarction.
Over 52 weeks, the drug maintained hemoglobin levels while decreasing IV iron use in dialysis patients with anemia.
Benefit seen among anemia and hemodialysis patients with hemoglobin levels below 10 g/dL.
Renal events are significantly less likely if erythropoiesis-stimulating agents are started at hemoglobin levels below 11 g/dL.
New finding on vitamin B6 is the opposite of what investigators hypothesized on patients with anemia.
IV iron in anemia hemodialysis patients hospitalized for bacterial infections found not to worsen outcomes.
Use of erythropoiesis-stimulating agents in anemia patients decreased, while use of iron increased.
Hemoglobin level below 8 mg/dL associated with 82% increased odds of prolonged bleeding time with anemia.
Highest quintile of hemoglobin associated with 6-fold increased odds of complete or partial recovery of anemia in acute kidney injury (AKI).
Researchers believe nocturnal home hemodialysis (NHHD) performed every other night may be superior to NHHD performed 6 or 7 times a week.
- Perineural Invasion Predicts Prostate Cancer Bone Metastasis
- Phosphate Binder Adherence Challenging for Dialysis Patients
- Combo Superior for Overactive Bladder in BPH Patients
- Neutrophil Count May Predict Death Risk in Prostate Cancer Patients
- Why Heart Safety of Testosterone in Older Men Remains a Concern
- Erectile Function Worsens In Most Men After Prostate Biopsy
- Transperineal Prostate Biopsy Better for PCa Risk Statification
- Androgen Deprivation for Localized Prostate Cancer Ups Cardiac Risks
- Upping Shock Wave Frequency Improves Ureteral Stone Clearance
- High-Grade Prostate Cancer Linked to Low Testosterone