Latest AUA Meeting Coverage
At its annual meeting, the American Urological Association provided details of its first guidelines for the medical management of urolithiasis.
Study compared surgeons who performed fewer than 100 robot-assisted radical prostatectomies with those who performed 100 or more.
Single-institution study finds most patients satisfied with the results and would have the surgery again.
Allowing 1, 2, or 3 or more days between the first and second injection of collagenase clostridium histolyticum does not impact efficacy.
This parameter can identify prostate cancer patients for whom adjuvant radiation therapy after radical prostatectomy may be of no benefit.
Detecting fluoroquinolone-resistant organisms may allow for targeted antibiotic prophylaxis and identification of men at risk for infection.
The risk of cancer-specific death at 1 year was 48% and 23% for patients whose disease recurred at 3 months and 3 years, respectively.
Patients should be selected carefully because of a higher incidence of locally advanced disease and regional lymph node metastases.
Researchers compared transurethral resection of the prostate with prostate artery embolization in a randomized trial.
PSA bounce was associated with significantly higher scores on the International Index of Erectile Function-15 questionnaire.
Study reveals a late recurrence rate of 3% and 5% at 15 and 20 years, respectively, after radiotherapy.
Perceived outcomes of patients aged 29 years or younger are different from those of patients in other age groups, study finds.
In a study, 84% of men treated with radical surgery or radiation had erectile dysfunction after a median 11 years after their PCa diagnosis.
Study reveals no significant impact on changes in penile curvature or length.
The proportion of patients undergoing the procedure has stayed at 6%-7% annually.
- Optimal PSA Threshold For Targeted Biopsy Identified
- Plant-Based Phosphorus Best for Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) Beneficial in Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- Stopping Renal Cell Carcinoma (mRCC) Drugs Induces Tumor Flare
- Red Meat Contributes to Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risk Due to Gut Bacteria
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients Benefit from Exercise Rehab
- What effect does advertising to attract patients have on perception of the medical profession?
- Prior Kidney Donor Favorable Waitlist Policy is Working
- Brown Fat Could Help Manage Diabetes
- New 5-Star Dialysis Facility Rating System To Debut
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)