Latest AUA Meeting Coverage
Less than half of primary care providers refer patients with any degree of hematuria for urological evaluation.
The test displayed an overall high sensitivity for detecting bladder tumors.
Men at high-risk of bladder cancer were the most likely to be referred to urologists.
Study reveals comparable rates of freedom from biochemical failure at 5 years.
RCC tumor shrinkage significantly and independently predicted overall survival.
This effect appears to occur mainly in men who experience recurrence when they are younger than 65 and in those with low-risk cancer.
Neoadjuvant sunitinib was linked to primary tumor and thrombus shrinkage, reduced blood loss during surgery, as well as improved cancer-specific survival.
Study shows that 81% of scrotal ultrasounds for pain demonstrate normal or benign findings.
Pathological stage was the only independent factor linked to kidney cancer progression.
Researchers find rates lower than those observed in most clinical trials.
The approach was defined as surgical resection with a wide margin or radiotherapy with a biologically effective dose of 140 Gy or greater.
Unplanned clinical visits 15 times more likely among patients treated more than 45 days after diagnosis.
In a study, patients who had the procedure had a better 5-year overall survival rate than those who did not (68% vs. 27%).
New finding may inform treatment decisions.
- Phosphate Binder Adherence Challenging for Dialysis Patients
- Transperineal Prostate Biopsy Better for PCa Risk Statification
- Androgen Deprivation for Localized Prostate Cancer Ups Cardiac Risks
- Upping Shock Wave Frequency Improves Ureteral Stone Clearance
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Raises Suicide Risk
- Preop ADT Could Potentially Eradicate High-Risk Prostate Tumors
- Longer Dialysis Session Gap Raises Hospitalization, Death Risk
- PCa Deaths Rare Among Low-Risk Patients on Active Surveillance
- Can Tight Blood Pressure Control Prevent Repeat Hemorrhagic Strokes?
- Joint Pain Linked to DPP-4 Inhibitor Use by Type 2 Diabetics
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)