Latest AUA Meeting Coverage
The researchers found lower overall survival among patients undergoing robot-assisted radical cystectomy at hospitals performing 10 or fewer procedures during 2010 to 2012.
Systematic biopsies always should be performed in conjunction with targeted biopsy in men with suspected clinically significant PCa at mpMRI.
The new test, IsoPSA, measures all PSA isoforms in serum and more accurately discriminates high-grade cancer from benign disease.
Patients with a pure variant had significantly lower survival odds than those with pure urothelial carcinoma over a median 6.5 years of follow up.
Just 1 in 4 patients diagnosed with metastatic urothelial carcinoma of the bladder survive for a year, according to US national registry data.
By 2014 to 2015, 1 in 3 bladder cancer surgical procedures performed in the United States were robot-assisted.
Researchers find prolonged survival among patients with neuroendocrine muscle-invasive bladder cancer.
Five-year cancer-specific survival rates were 48.1% and 69.6% for PD-L1 positive and negative patients, respectively.
The document spells out in greater detail the criteria for radical and partial nephrectomy and for placing patients on active surveillance.
Steinberg: Two new studies show that blue light cystoscopy offers a significant advantage over white light cystoscopy identifying bladder tumors.
Daneshmand: Blue flexible cystoscopy used in an office-setting can improve detection of bladder cancer recurrence.
A majority of active surveillance patients under age 60 did not progress to definitive prostate cancer treatment.
Targeting PI-RADS 4 and 5 lesions for confirmatory biopsy improves detection of clinically significant cancer.
Median overall survival was 9.3 months longer for black versus white patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
Lowest quartile of serum testosterone is associated with 48% and 65% increased odds of stress and mixed urinary incontinence, respectively.
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Phosphate Binders Lower Infection-Related Death Risk in HD
- Acute Renal Failure in CKD Patients Less Likely With PCI
- Gout Associated With Increased Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction
- More Targeted Sodium Reduction Strategies Proposed
- Cytoreductive Surgery for Metastatic PCa Linked to More Complications
- FDA Recalls Drugs Containing Active Ingredient Valsartan
- Correcting Metabolic Acidosis May Preserve Muscle Mass
- Infection Risk Lower in Dialysis Patients With High, Normal Vitamin D
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Warranted for Gleason 10 Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)