ALLEGRA-D 12 HOUR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fexofenadine HCl 60mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 120mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for ALLEGRA-D 12 HOUR:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis with nasal congestion.
Swallow whole. Take on an empty stomach. 1 tab twice daily. Renal impairment: initially 1 tab once daily.
Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Severe hypertension or coronary artery disease. During or within 14 days of stopping MAOIs.
Hypertension. Diabetes. Ischemic heart disease. Increased intraocular pressure. Hyperthyroidism. Renal impairment. GI or GU obstruction. Seizure disorders. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Avoid concomitant aluminum- or magnesium-containing antacids. Pseudoephedrine: Antagonizes antihypertensives. Increased ectopic pacemaker activity with digitalis. Avoid other sympathomimetics. Fruit juices (eg, grapefruit, orange, apple) may reduce plasma levels.
Headache, insomnia, nausea, dry mouth, dyspepsia, throat irritation, dizziness, agitation, back or abdominal pain, palpitations, nervousness, anxiety, upper respiratory infection.
Tabs 24hr—100; 12hr—100, 500
Renal and Urology News Articles
- FDA Approves Enzalutamide for Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Bladder Hydrodistention May Ease Nocturia in Interstitial Cystitis
- Overnight Saline Irrigation May Prevent Early NMIBC Recurrence
- 5 Key Steps to Grow Your New Nephrology or Urology Practice
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)