ALAVERT D-12 HOUR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Loratadine 5mg, pseudoephedrine sulfate 120mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for ALAVERT D-12 HOUR:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis with nasal congestion.
Swallow whole. 1 tab every 12 hrs.
Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Severe hypertension or coronary artery disease. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Hepatic or renal impairment. Hypertension. Ischemic heart disease. Increased intraocular pressure. Thyroid disease. GI or GU obstruction. Seizures. Diabetes. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Pseudoephedrine: Antagonizes antihypertensives. Increased ectopic pacemaker activity with digitalis.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Dry mouth, insomnia, somnolence, nervousness, dizziness, dyspepsia, pharyngitis, anorexia, bronchospasm.
Loratadine: Hepatic (CYP3A4, 2D6); Pseudoephedrine: incompletely metabolized (less than 1%).
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Daily Tadalafil May Be Effective for Peyronie's Disease
- High ESA and Iron Doses Up CVD, Death Risk in Hemodialysis Patients
- Diabetic CKD Patients Survive Longer With Metformin
- Tamsulosin Improves Clearance of Large Distal Ureteral Stones
- Case: Treating Iron Deficiency Anemia in a Heart Failure Patient
- Cytoreductive Nephrectomy Benefits for Metastatic RCC Demonstrated
- Phosphorus Content Higher in Packaged Meats Listing Phosphate Additives
- High Intakes of Teas, Peas, Soybeans May Increase Prostate Cancer Risk
- More Intense Treatment, Worse Quality of Life in Diabetes
- Hemodialysis CRBSI Outcomes Unaffected by Distance to Nephrologists
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)