Latest Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) News
Chronic kidney disease and anemia are associated with an increased risk for acute kidney injury in patients with pulmonary embolism.
Of the children who developed acute kidney injury, 34.9% had stage 1, 45.3% had stage 2, and 19.8% had stage 3.
An increase in injury and repair biomarker levels suggests structural damage to renal tubules occurring after marathon.
Proton pump inhibitors need not first cause acute kidney injury for CKD risk to be elevated.
Compared with control treatment, RenalGuard therapy correlated with significantly reduced CI-AKI, as well as a reduced need for renal replacement therapy.
Patients with an eGFR below 60 mL/min/1.73 m2 were more likely to die in the hospital or be discharged to hospice.
There is a strong association between magnified nadir platelet counts and the severity of AKI.
Women with r-AKI had increased rates of preeclampsia and premature infant births, compared with controls.
The researchers found that stage 2 acute kidney injury was associated with increased risk of delirium and coma as was stage 3 acute kidney injury.
The condition also is associated with greater use of renal-replacement therapy and mechanical ventilation.
It also may shorten intensive care unit and hospital length of stay versus late RRT in critically ill patients, meta-analysis reveals.
Odds of acute kidney injury increases by 29% with each 1 mg/dL increment in uric acid level at ICU admission.
Factors including low preoperative mean arterial BP tied to increases in eGFR, kidney injury.
Four single-nucleotide polymorphisms at two loci identified in discovery, replication populations.
Hyperphosphatemia was associated with more than double the risk of death from any cause.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Residual Kidney Function Predicts Mortality in CKD-MBD
- Pure Bladder Cancer Variants Linked to Worse Survival After RC
- Combined Urinary Testing Helps Detect Aggressive PCa, Avoid Biopsy
- Anthropometric Body Fat Measurements Can Estimate Renal Function Decline
- E-Cigarettes And Increased Risk Of Bladder Cancer Linked