Latest Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) News
Sodium bicarbonate infusions decreased the risk of death or organ failure among ICU patients with acute kidney injury and severe metabolic acidemia.
Proteinuria at the time of surgery is associated with an elevated risk of postoperative acute kidney injury and 30-day unplanned readmission.
Reduced kidney injury, better kidney function seen after prolonged cardiopulmonary bypass.
According to the authors, this is the first study to identify medications most commonly reported for a specific adverse reaction using the FAERS database.
For hospitalized patients, risk also increased for those receiving 3 or more CNS antidepressants.
If the study findings are confirmed, earlier detection of heart failure could save lives, according to researchers.
Early acetaminophen exposure after pediatric cardiac surgery may reduce rate of acute kidney injury.
Fluid restriction has no impact on disability-free survival; increases risk of acute kidney injury
Cystatin C as biomarker, kidney function marker linked to 20-year cumulative incidence of HI.
Investigators report that female vs male sex was associated with a significant 14% lower mortality risk following an episode of community-acquired acute kidney injury.
In the most comprehensive study of its kind, investigators find that acute kidney injury not requiring hospitalization is associated with a 90% increased mortality risk.
In a large study, caffeine administration to neonates born before 33 weeks' gestation reduced their odds of experiencing AKI by a significant 80%.
AKI hospitalizations were 4 times more likely among patients with diabetes.
No patient had a 25% or greater rise in serum creatinine 48 hours after receiving a median 13 mL of contrast for diagnostic coronary angiography, with an additional 13 mL for percutaneous coronary intervention.
AKI associated with 27% increased risk of hypoglycemia among patients with diabetes.
NEPHROLOGY & UROLOGY NEWS
- Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Contrast Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- End-stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Lupus Nephritis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)
Renal and Urology News Articles
- Robotic Partial Nephrectomy Mostly Superior to Other Surgeries
- FDA Requires Safety Label Changes for Fluoroquinolones
- AV Access at Hemodialysis Initiation Less Likely Among Women
- Development of Clinically Evident Gout: A Closer Look at Elevated Serum Urate Levels
- Apixaban Is Safest Direct Oral Anticoagulant vs Warfarin
- Urine Cytology May Not Improve Hematuria Evaluation for Bladder Cancer
- Overnight Saline Irrigation May Prevent Early NMIBC Recurrence
- 5 Key Steps to Grow Your New Nephrology or Urology Practice
- DOACs Increase Bleeding Risk More Than Warfarin in CKD
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences